ATI Framebuffer development

Slice

466 posts in this topic

Here is the AtomDis:

Saludos, MacOff

Thanks!

But it is for Linux/Debian and can't be applyed to MacOSX. About sources to interpret ATOMBIOS they are already in RadeonHD project. No new for me.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=cate...splay%20Drivers

I'd keep an eye out on the Phoronix site. While it appears that the bios dumper isn't much use, there's another earlier article talking about the release of open source R600/700 code including the GPU microcode which I'm sure could be put to good use when disassembling drivers.

• 4 weeks later...

Slice, if you see this post can you help me please. I am having a go at programming radeonfb-updated for use with my laptop. I'm using Xcode 3.1.2 for OSX 10.5.5 and the KernelDebugKit. When i compile the source, i get a kernel panic. Using the DebugKit i've been able to trace the KP to radeonfb_pci_register(IOService * provider). According to what i have found during the debug the value 0x48 is supposed to be added to the register but it is not, all it is getting is 0x00 or sometimes 0x0c.

This is my first try at programming with C, i used to be a Visual Basic programmer. Can you just give me some help explaining what radeon_pci_register is and what i should be looking for in the source.

Any help be greatly appreciated.

Rog

Slice, if you see this post can you help me please. I am having a go at programming radeonfb-updated for use with my laptop. I'm using Xcode 3.1.2 for OSX 10.5.5 and the KernelDebugKit. When i compile the source, i get a kernel panic. Using the DebugKit i've been able to trace the KP to radeonfb_pci_register(IOService * provider). According to what i have found during the debug the value 0x48 is supposed to be added to the register but it is not, all it is getting is 0x00 or sometimes 0x0c.

This is my first try at programming with C, i used to be a Visual Basic programmer. Can you just give me some help explaining what radeon_pci_register is and what i should be looking for in the source.

Any help be greatly appreciated.

Rog

OK, I'll try to help you. What project did you try to compile?

What is your hardware? DeviceID?

You say about 0x48. Show me more lines of code where it is.

• 1 month later...

Yes, x1400, I would like to test the driver as well, if there is any...

BTW: When using a virtual machine with Leopard, I can actually get the native resolution (which for me is 1280x800); for me, I do think the native resolution is even more important than anything also like 3D support, etc.

Slice I noticed something on my notebook. chip mounting and no pci-e and that the radeon xpress 200m and in reality only a pci standard pci-e. All this can 'influence qe / ci or and on? sorry if I ask this question but just for curiosity.

• 1 month later...

Hi Slice,

I hope you can help me! I had istall iDeneb 1.4 on a laptop Dell 1537 with this hardware;

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2266 MHz (8.5 x 267)

2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (256 MB)

ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV620 - High Definition Audio Controller IDT 92HD73C1/92HDW74C1/92HDW74C2 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller

Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet

Intel® WiFi Link 5100

My problem is the kext for the graphic card...

thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Slice,

I hope you can help me! I had istall iDeneb 1.4 on a laptop Dell 1537 with this hardware;

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2266 MHz (8.5 x 267)

2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (256 MB)

ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV620 - High Definition Audio Controller IDT 92HD73C1/92HDW74C1/92HDW74C2 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller

Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet

Intel® WiFi Link 5100

My problem is the kext for the graphic card...

thanks a lot

Stop asking for the millionth time! Their working on it! Currently, it's not supported.. I've been looking to have Leopard on my Dell Studio 1535 with Mobility Radeon 3450 graphics and since then there has been no progress made (8 months!).. So if you want Leopard, buy a Mac.. Otherwise be happy with Windows, since it is, what you bought your laptop with.. Check back every so often, there may be some progress but please stop repeating the same questions over and over again.

Stop asking for the millionth time! Their working on it! Currently, it's not supported.. I've been looking to have Leopard on my Dell Studio 1535 with Mobility Radeon 3450 graphics and since then there has been no progress made (8 months!).. So if you want Leopard, buy a Mac.. Otherwise be happy with Windows, since it is, what you bought your laptop with.. Check back every so often, there may be some progress but please stop repeating the same questions over and over again.

....or.....

use your pad with no QE and any advanced graphic feature, but feeling happy to run Leo on a legacy surplus with good overall performances....

I use Leo as a main console for its wonderful "spaces" (Virtual Desktops).

I then control all my Win7 machines through Remote Desktop.

Powerful!!

:-)

Stefania

• 4 weeks later...

and for hd3450 desktop (no mobility)???

....or.....

use your pad with no QE and any advanced graphic feature, but feeling happy to run Leo on a legacy surplus with good overall performances....

I use Leo as a main console for its wonderful "spaces" (Virtual Desktops).

I then control all my Win7 machines through Remote Desktop.

Powerful!!

:-)

Stefania

Is it not crappy with terrible resolutions? Hardly worth it to me. So many programs these days can't survive without use of the graphics card, making Leopard on a majority of mobility laptops useless.

People stop littering the ATI Framebuffer topic. This is for developers to discuss, even though I think they have disappeared ;)

and for hd3450 desktop (no mobility)???

Don't have a clue. More chance of getting the desktop card working rather than the mobility one, but so little people use these cheap cards that really I don't think we will get drivers soon. If they don't come in Snow Leopard and if it's not easier to create graphics kexts on it, probably won't get them for a year or two, if at all.