[Guide] XPS M1710 OS X Leopard

fr3ak!

119 posts in this topic

Hi

My XPS M1710 with GeForce Go 7950GTX 5120 MB he can not to run with the full hardware acceleration.

I check NVinject 0.2.1 512MB / NVinjectGO 512MB - nothing.

GeForce Go 7950 GTX:

Chipset Model:   GeForce Go 7950 GTX
  Type:   Display
  Bus:   PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:   x16
  VRAM (Total):   512 MB
  Vendor:   NVIDIA (0x10de)
  Device ID:   0x0297
  Revision ID:   0x00a1
  ROM Revision:   NVinject 0.2.1
  Displays:
Display Connector:
Display:
  Resolution:   1920 x 1200
  Depth:   32-bit Color
  Core Image:   Software
  Main Display:   Yes
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes
  Quartz Extreme:   Not Supported

When I start on full screen - MEGA LAGS, next i download "MonsterTrucksNitro_DEMO_v120" on apple site - ULTRA MEGA LAG

What has to do?

How I can install correct driver?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

if you use an extern monitor it may work with QE. But i haven´t tested it yet.

Unfortunatly nobody cares about the geforce 7 to make it working they all say Geforce 9 or 8. -.-

The lags can be maybe solved if you deaktivate 1 core in Bios.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I just installed the 10.5.7 update, the patched kernel for core duo and everything is working fine (except for the wi-fi), with just some small issues with the sigmatel 9200 (always the same: mute doesn't work, headphones+speakers, but at least the SPDIF out was detected) and I finally got the broadcom 5752 to work (yeah, I'm using safari now :whistle: )!

Should we update this guide?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, I'm quite busy in this period, however, just use the attached kext to get the broadcom 5752 to work.

The 3945abg driver from jalavoui doesn't work yet, but the card is detected.

If you wish to try, always remember to keep the wi-fi switched on while starting Os X, or you'll get a kernel panic.

Sigmatel kext still requires some work...

AppleBCM5751Ethernet_working.kext.rar

• 1 month later...
Sorry, I'm quite busy in this period, however, just use the attached kext to get the broadcom 5752 to work.

If you wish to try, always remember to keep the wi-fi switched on while starting Os X, or you'll get a kernel panic.

Hi it's been a while since u post but , would appreciate it if u can post recent guide currently trying to install iatkos 10.5.7.

Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...
Hi it's been a while since u post but , would appreciate it if u can post recent guide currently trying to install iatkos 10.5.7.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm planning to format my hdd the next month (in order to install windows 7) so I'll be able to write down a guide. However, considering the new windows bootloader's capabilities it wouldn't be such a bad idea to install osx on a virtual machine.

--edit---

Just found out that Virtual pc doesn't support mac os x like Vmware. :P

You're a champ! Installed kext from OSX86 Tools, restarted, and the broadcom ethernet works on my M1710, posting through wired ethernet! Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've heard that you can now install OSX without the hacked Disc... and I downloaded Snow Leopard 10.6 retail DVD (7GB) to try it... the idea is if this works and I like working with OSX, I'll go buy the retail DVD and make it legit.

I have an XPS M1710, intel wireless, 7950 512MB Geforce.

I'd like to dual boot with WinXP on 2 partitions.

I'm a computer tech, but just stumbled on this "hackintosh" concept, so it all makes very little sense to me right now... kext, boot loader etc...

1) After all this time, have the kinks for video, dual core, and wireless(intel 4965AGN) been sorted out?

2) If all this should be able to work, is there an updated "idiot's guide" that I can follow instead of sorting through 2 years worth of threads that slowly reveal improvements? I don't want to sound like a baby who asks for everything on a silver platter - but has someone put this on a silver platter? If not - is anyone willing to? As a matter of fact, if someone helps me go through this, I'd gladly write the "how-to" for others. I don't mind documenting.

3) Please reply or PM me if you have a helpful response to my Noob questions. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm getting one in the next couple weeks.

System: Dell XPS M1710 (Red color lid)

Processor: Intel Core Duo T2600 (2.16 GHz)

Memory: 2GB @ 667MHz - 2 DIMM Slots (2 x 1GB) (Max Ram 4GB)

Hard Drive: 100GB capacity at a speed of 7200 RPM

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX with 512MB DDR memory

Screen: WUXGA Truelife (1920 x 1200)

Optical Drive: 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW/+R) with Dual-Layer

Wireless Card: Intel 3945 (802.11b/g)

Battery: 9-cell lithium ion recharegable battery

Ports / Slots: 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader, DVI-D, VGA video output, S-Video, IEEE 1394 (Firewire), 6 USB 2.0, Express Card slot, Modem, Ethernet/LAN, Microphone in, Headphone out

Integrated Subwoofer,

I have read thru this thread and found out that wifi dosent work..Does mine??? I also have a Broadcom 4311..Is that interchangable??

Any help would be awesome.

~Nerd

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...