[Guide] XPS M1710 OS X Leopard

fr3ak!

119 posts in this topic

~"does the wirless work on your machine??"

First off, thanks for the fix - this is GREAT!

As for my wireless, I'm on the machine typing this right now - connected to a wireless router on my home network. So Yes, out of the box. Yours doesn't seem to be working?

you must have a different wifi device cuz my Intel Pro is not working at this point. (Jasouvi working on it tho, there's hope).

you must have a different wifi device cuz my Intel Pro is not working at this point. (Jasouvi working on it tho, there's hope).

I am using - Ethernet: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet PCI-E, 57XX Gigabit Integrated Controller.

*Edit - Wireless: Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card

Does your wireless work in Windows?

Not at all.That's your ethernet card BTW. The same as mine, which is impossible at this moment to surf on net with wired connection. Or you'd be a miracle :)Which installer did you use? (Kalyway, iATKOS?)you must look under airport device instead , i think. Or if you still have a Windows installation you can check up in the device manager, but it certainly not the ethernet card broadcom 57xx).

BTW I didn't tried this but, for those who have connection problems? what about VMWares? would it be working??

BTW2 I used Kalyway X5.2, I choosed Vanilla Kernel and LateNetkaspatch only, is there any issue with this? thanks.

You're right .. :wacko: ..

I fixed it in the post. I started with 2 partitions: a clean partition (prep'd for OSX) and my Windows partition.

In Windows, before installing Kalyway 10.5.1, I installed all IMPORTANT drivers first (i.e. Wireless, Ethernet, Audio, Video, Touchpad - made sure all was working correctly). Then followed Fr3ak's wonderful 10.5.1 guide (no more, no less) on my OSX partition and my bluetooth and wireless functioned properly out-of-the-box. Then, I used the iAtkos/Kalyway 10.5.2 Update, updated kernals and still wireless works fine.

Damn bluetooth...

but what id has your wirless card, cause jalavoui is making a driver for de intel pro 3945, so if thats youre card, it's a miracle that it is working on your machine :D

and what do you mean with, "in windows", before installing kalyway, do you install the drivers within windows? :)

I had no idea most of everyone else w/ the M1710 doesn't have a wireless connection ^_^ . I'm starting to feel very lucky!

and what do you mean with, "in windows", before installing kalyway, do you install the drivers within windows? :P

Yes.

Before you install Kalyway X5.1, install the important drivers in Windows. They should be functioning in your Windows partition before you install OSX. Then install OSX on the assigned partition.

I had no idea most of everyone else w/ the M1710 doesn't have a wireless connection ;) . I'm starting to feel very lucky!

Yes.

Before you install Kalyway X5.1, install the important drivers in Windows. They should be functioning in your Windows partition before you install OSX. Then install OSX on the assigned partition.

You must have a different wifi device. Most of us have Intel Pro 3945, but I reckon some people with the same laptop have Dell Wifi Device which seems to be compatible OOTB. You can check the device id in Utilities (Alt+Shift+U) and run System Profiler and you might check under Network>Airport. Report back what you have under Airport Device, or you can just check out with Windows if you have a dual boot.

thomaske : DVD Player also does not work properly but i use VLC, that works great. but i have a bad gradient on

Same issue with DVD Player, i can hear sound but blank screen

What's you're NVinject version ?

I keep NVinjectGO_0.2.0b_512 and no gradient effect in VLC

Same issue with DVD Player, i can hear sound but blank screen

What's you're NVinject version ?

I keep NVinjectGO_0.2.0b_512 and no gradient effect in VLC

it's not only in VLC it's on the whole laptop. i do not have gradient at all :)

i got same NVinject version as you.

EDIT: i have attached an image where you can see what i mean.

post-74182-1210586830_thumb.jpg

I saw this "gradient effect" on all the desktop, but when i install NVinject_0.2.0b just after kalyway installation, it disappear.

Today i play with NVinstaller0.41, then NVinject_0.2.1 with customize NVCAP and this problem came back on internal display.

Impossible to resolve it with 0.2.0b... I investigate, the good thing is VGA work without this horrible 24bits color effect !!

Can't find solution for this "color banding" problem ... (try NvidiaEFI, laptopdisplay.kext, GraphicUpdate, NVinstaller, ...)

I need to reinstall os x, my leo is now instable. :(

I want to share the NVinject_0.2.1 customized for DELL Geforce Go 7950 GTX. NVCAP extracted from graphic rom.

Enjoy !

NVinject_0.2.1_7950_GTX.zip

Can't find solution for this "color banding" problem ... (try NvidiaEFI, laptopdisplay.kext, GraphicUpdate, NVinstaller, ...)

I need to reinstall os x, my leo is now instable. :(

I want to share the NVinject_0.2.1 customized for DELL Geforce Go 7950 GTX. NVCAP extracted from graphic rom.

Enjoy !

NVinject_0.2.1_7950_GTX.zip

The banding problem is just worse with the 0.2.1, I keep mine to 0.2.0b for the moment.

You're right JonZ, 0.2.0b seems to be the best version for our laptop.

I customize Description and NVCAP extracted from firmware.

BE CAREFULL !! I test it only with my GeForce Go 7950 GTX.

There is no Color banding, but can't find solution for DVD Player black screen ...

NVinjectGo_DELL_7950_GTX_512Mb.zip

You're right JonZ, 0.2.0b seems to be the best version for our laptop.

I customize Description and NVCAP extracted from firmware.

BE CAREFULL !! I test it only with my GeForce Go 7950 GTX.

There is no Color banding, but can't find solution for DVD Player black screen ...

NVinjectGo_DELL_7950_GTX_512Mb.zip

How do you setup the NVCAP anyway? I thought these was to allow DVI to work without flashing your card but the drivers you submited (2.2.1) did not work as I expected.

The last version I submited, is NVinjectGo_0.2.0b modified.

If i'm not wrong, NVCAP is "an address" that permit to driver to communicate with your hardware.

Arti's tool permit to see this value in your hardware's firmware.

In the info.plist of nvinject.kext you must write yours NVCAP value for obtain best compatibility with your graphic card.

The last version I submited, is NVinjectGo_0.2.0b modified.

If i'm not wrong, NVCAP is "an address" that permit to driver to communicate with your hardware.

Arti's tool permit to see this value in your hardware's firmware.

In the info.plist of nvinject.kext you must write yours NVCAP value for obtain best compatibility with your graphic card.

I think you'll have to pm me where to get the soft and how to do it, because I tried to register overthere and I never had a registration confirmation. So I can't access the tools.

JonZ witch guide do you follow for the broacom netxtreme 57xx controller? i will give it a try :P see what happens :P

Not a chance, if you search in google and insanemac with broadcom 5752, you'd maybe find some guides, but only to detect the card. There's actually no working method to make the card working on the web browser.

Broadcom BCM5752 [14e4:1600] - InsanelyMac Forum