AppleHDA ALC268 Shutdown Issues [SOLVED!]

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas

199 posts in this topic

The 1st Mic is Internal

The 2nd Mic is External

Try Skype.

The noise most probably because of the external mic, I too have hiss on headphone.

Hello collit99,

tried Skype - with Internal Mic (1st) mic is ok, with External Mic (2nd) the sound is very low.

I have another problem (had it before "playing" with your solution as well) - that when I leave my Acer5220 it goes

into sleep and I cannot come back. Is there any button to do this?

I have seen a Sleep_fix.zip on some forums but not sure where and whether it works.

I have not tried the sleep option.

Regards,

bozon42

Hello collit99,

tried Skype - with Internal Mic (1st) mic is ok, with External Mic (2nd) the sound is very low.

I have another problem (had it before "playing" with your solution as well) - that when I leave my Acer5220 it goes

into sleep and I cannot come back. Is there any button to do this?

I have seen a Sleep_fix.zip on some forums but not sure where and whether it works.

I have not tried the sleep option.

Regards,

bozon42

1. Try adjusting the volume on sound preferences it's the 2nd Mic.

2. & 3. I'm using superhai EHCISleepEnabler and ClamShellDisplay kexts it can be found here just don't forget to check the readme.

Clamshell trigger sleep when you close the laptop lid.

HTH.

So... I am running an HP dv9500t with iDeneb 10.5.5. I used Collit's ALC268_with_External_Mic method with great success. However, when I select shutdown, my computer restarts itself instead of shutting down. I have seen a couple of other people with my same machine and others with this same problem. Is there any way to fix this? I will try a full re-install earlier today.

Also, my machine freezes when I select sleep. Is there any fix to get the dv9500t to sleep?

Thanks.

So... I am running an HP dv9500t with iDeneb 10.5.5. I used Collit's ALC268_with_External_Mic method with great success. However, when I select shutdown, my computer restarts itself instead of shutting down. I have seen a couple of other people with my same machine and others with this same problem. Is there any way to fix this? I will try a full re-install earlier today.

Also, my machine freezes when I select sleep. Is there any fix to get the dv9500t to sleep?

Thanks.

Did you use the HDA fix v3? If yes did you removed it before installing the kext?

I didn't use anything. Upon a fresh install of OS X I backed up and deleted the original AppleHDA.kext and then used your newest one and HDAEnabler.kext, renewed permissions and restarted. My sound works great but it reboots instead of turning off.

Did you use the HDA fix v3? If yes did you removed it before installing the kext?

The file posted at first is no longer there, deleted by RS

"This file is suspected to contain illegal content and has been blocked. After the file has been blocked for 7 days it will automatically be deleted, if the block is not removed by RapidShare. For this reason, a download of this file is currently not possible. "

The file posted at first is no longer there, deleted by RS

"This file is suspected to contain illegal content and has been blocked. After the file has been blocked for 7 days it will automatically be deleted, if the block is not removed by RapidShare. For this reason, a download of this file is currently not possible. "

Hello Denja,

try post #50 and take all three ALC268FIXa,b,c.zip and combine them via Total Commander in Windows.

bozon42

collit99,

Tried your AppleHDA.kext and finally got shutdown to work. However, it introduced a hissing sound in the audio which was not there before.

I've used ALC268Installer1 previously (without HDAFix), anyone else experiencing this issue too?

Currently for me, it's a choice between no hiss with shutdown issue or hiss without shutdown issue....

Have also tried HDAFix but shutdown still didn't work.

Any ideas on a possible solution? Thanks so much for your great work!

Lower the volume of the External Mic(2nd)

I'm too busy right now to look at it, I too have hissing sound I just lowered the volume of the External Mic(2nd) on sound preferences.

Hissing sound disappear when I removed the External Mic on the kext. I'll upload the kext without the External Mic so you can choose which one to use.

Hi @ all,

i've been reading this topic for several times since I got a DELL VOSTRO 1310 with ALC268. In the next few days, I will try it again to make shutdown work. Weeks ago, I had to give up because I didn't manage solving the sound/shutdown problem under iATKOS v4i.

My question is now:

Who got shutdown and sound with ALC268 working properly and which steps did he do? I really would like to use Mac OS X instead of Windows...

Greetings,

hamburger188

PS: I'm German.

weird.... now i cant get anything to work. what does the italian fix installer actually add/modify?

If you gonna try the HDAfix v3, try one of the ALC268Installer inside the ALC268FIX.

The kext i'm using or did modified doesn't need HDAfix.

Hi @ all,

i've been reading this topic for several times since I got a DELL VOSTRO 1310 with ALC268. In the next few days, I will try it again to make shutdown work. Weeks ago, I had to give up because I didn't manage solving the sound/shutdown problem under iATKOS v4i.

My question is now:

Who got shutdown and sound with ALC268 working properly and which steps did he do? I really would like to use Mac OS X instead of Windows...

Greetings,

hamburger188

PS: I'm German.

Try the kext on my signature, audio should work without the shutdown problem. just use the it together with hdaenabler.

Use either Kexthelper or OSX86tools for kext installation, then repair permission using disk utility.

i'm the only one using this kext for 268 without hdaenabler.kext? i'm using just a efi string added with efi studio (HDEF)

The fixer insert a script in the startupitems and move the content of the applehda.kext on every restart to a folder, to remove it you have to look in the system/library/extensions folder and remove manually both the empty kext and the folder, then locate the script file (library/startupitems - *but i'm not sure and i'm on Vista now :)* ) and erase it

i had hisses on sound using the wrong version of the kext, taruga originally made 2, installer_1 and installer_2, i think MadTux made the installer_2 working first then Collit added some features, maybe i'm wrong but it seem to me that later MadTux fixed the installer_1 too

Try the kext on my signature, audio should work without the shutdown problem. just use the it together with hdaenabler.

Use either Kexthelper or OSX86tools for kext installation, then repair permission using disk utility.

Thanks for your answer.

So you mean that I am just to install your ALC268.kext with kexthelper b7, then install HDAEnabler.kext from the ALC268FIX.zip with kexthelper. After that, I repair disk permissions and then I reboot.

I hope that I understood you properly.

Yup, but if you installed the hdafix just follow what nobb1x said on removing it.

Thanks for your answer.

So you mean that I am just to install your ALC268.kext with kexthelper b7, then install HDAEnabler.kext from the ALC268FIX.zip with kexthelper. After that, I repair disk permissions and then I reboot.

I hope that I understood you properly.

hey, any chanec to get alc268 working on leopard 10.5.5? if i want to load it it says:

kextload: loaded version 1.5.7a24 of module com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily differs from requested version 1.2.9a4

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extenions/AppleHDA.kext

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

must say that i tried all of the solutions and all of them gives me that error(damn update!). some of them gives me full working audio till reboot and kernel panic on boot(bcoz of the above msg).

any ideas for fixing this? maybe downgrading iohdafamily?

thanks in advance

milosz

All right collit99. At first, thanks for your help.

I installed Leopard (iATKOS v4i) once again and I drag&dropped the 2 kexts in the kexthelper and then I clicked EASY INSTALL. Then I rebooted. Shutdown was working the 2 times I did it but I have no sound.

My question: Can it be that it does not work because I forgot about deleting the previous AppleHDA.kext that was in /System/Library/Extentions ??? If yes, what can I do to make it work anyway?

Another thing: After having realized that sound is not working, I have installed the HDA Fix v3. Was that a mistake?

I would be happy about getting help.

Greetings,

hamburger188

Please try the attached kext, this doesn't have External Mic but Internal should work. Also autosensing should work.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

hey, any chanec to get alc268 working on leopard 10.5.5? if i want to load it it says:

kextload: loaded version 1.5.7a24 of module com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily differs from requested version 1.2.9a4

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extenions/AppleHDA.kext

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

must say that i tried all of the solutions and all of them gives me that error(damn update!). some of them gives me full working audio till reboot and kernel panic on boot(bcoz of the above msg).

any ideas for fixing this? maybe downgrading iohdafamily?

thanks in advance

milosz

Try delete extension cache, either manually or using osx86tools, then repair permission using DU.

Kexthelper or OSX86tools will replace and backup Applehda, so you don't need to delete it.

HDA Fix will not give you audio if in the first place you don't have audio. What it does is make your hack shutdown because of the buggy hdacontroller of taruga's ALC268Installer which Madtux fixed and I did some modification to make headphone and External Mic to work.

Some have hiss issue when using the kext with External Mic which also I encounter but on my side lowering down the volume of the External Mic under sound preferences fix it.

So I have attached the AppleHDA kext without External Mic, but if you want to test the one with External Mic it is on my sig.

All right collit99. At first, thanks for your help.

I installed Leopard (iATKOS v4i) once again and I drag&dropped the 2 kexts in the kexthelper and then I clicked EASY INSTALL. Then I rebooted. Shutdown was working the 2 times I did it but I have no sound.

My question: Can it be that it does not work because I forgot about deleting the previous AppleHDA.kext that was in /System/Library/Extentions ??? If yes, what can I do to make it work anyway?

Another thing: After having realized that sound is not working, I have installed the HDA Fix v3. Was that a mistake?

I would be happy about getting help.

Greetings,

hamburger188