AppleHDA ALC268 Shutdown Issues [SOLVED!]

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas

199 posts in this topic

Anyway what kext you're using previously? Inputs/Outputs all working?

previously i was using the kext from this topic, don't remember if is the install 1 or 2, but was one of them...

it was working just like now, but every time i had to change in system preferences to phone/internal speakers

now it's good, but i think it could be better =p

Awesome! Awesome!

Thanks man, it's the first time I've got auto-switching working.

Headphones noise is still there but less then with other drivers and it's split to both channels (before it was very loud and only on right channel).

Hi,

New AppleHDA kext with Internal/External MIC, still no mute but I'm working on it.

Based on ALC268Installer2.

Credit goes to Taruga and Madtux!

Auto switching and Shutdown(Without using HDAFIX v3) should work.

Works on my Acer Aspire 4310.

Still needs HDAEnabler.

ALC268_with_External_Mic.zip

I'll test when I get home.

thx anyway

I tried the new AppleHDA.kext for Alc268 and external mic is working now.

Unforutnately sound is till low volume when waking from sleep, yet only on the headphone out... Speakers have normal volume level after waking from sleep...

I tried the new AppleHDA.kext for Alc268 and external mic is working now.

Unforutnately sound is till low volume when waking from sleep, yet only on the headphone out... Speakers have normal volume level after waking from sleep...

damn

started my pc now and it goes with no sound =/

no i've tried to install HDAEnabler with kext helper and the new AppleHDA and no sound =/

any ideas?

don't want to install the solution of this topic again

installed HDAEnabler and AppleHDA again and it worked...

but here's what happened

in Sound on System Preferences, in tab Input appeared 2 inputs, Internal Speakers and Internal Microphone.

Internal Speakers do nothing when selected

Internal microphone works with external mic, but both of them doesn't work on Calibrate option of Speech..

=/

Hello collit99,

tried your AppleHDA.kext from today.

1.Installed with hKextHelper+repair with DU + restart.

2.HDAEnabler with hKextHelper+repair with DU + restart.

First I heard a noise from internal speakers - was not with your previous kext.

Autosensing OK.

In Input 2x Internal microphone appeared - no reaction from my Acer5220 to Calibration in Speech (in System Preferences).

When Speech --> Speech Recognition is turned on and Esc key chosen for activating mic - a small rounded window appeared.

Upper part (half circle) reacted -- 2 arrows were coming into the center, in lowe part blue-green scale (probably for volume level) - but it does not change.

Is there other way to test microphone?

Regards,

bozon42

Hi collit99,

thank you very much for your work. Now shutdown works perfect, but still no sound after wake from sleep.

If it is possible that i do something wrong plz help me to get it work. Internal mic also working. Everything looks be fine instead of the no sound after wake from sleep.

Try changing the values of configdata in info.plist of applehdacontroller inside applehda.kext/contents/plugins/ with your own pinconfig, the link of the guide is at post #121.

It might give you sound on headphone after sleep.

Mine have sound after sleep but it's low. It's known issue I think, not only for ALC268 I have read many complaining about this with different audio chipset.

yeah i also do have sound but also low volume after sleep.

Do you have any ideas what may cause this?

Does your headphone/speakers works after sleep on other kext?

But I guess the Shutdown problem is now history on ALC268 without using HDAfix v3... Atleast on my side. :wacko: