AppleHDA ALC268 Shutdown Issues [SOLVED!]

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas

199 posts in this topic

Mine wont shut down either. Bump.
Worked initially but then the speaker icon wasn't appearing, until you started an audio application and even then sometimes not at all. Shutdown has gone back to being broken. Thank goodness for USB soundcards. In my case a Creative X-FI.

Hi, I had the same problem on a Toshiba A205-S5825 I'm installing. Shutdown doesn't work anymore. I'm running 10.5.3 installed from a retail DVD + 10.5.3 combo update + Pc_Efi 8, vanilla kernel.

SOLUTION: Use AppleHDA.kext from Taruga but, instead of using ALCinject.kext, use HDAEnabler.kext. IT WORKS!

Links:

Taruga patch: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=20138 (just use AppleHDA from this file)

HDAEnabler included below (credits to the guy who made it)

Just put those files on extensions folder, repair and reboot.

It seems to have worked for me! Ill test it a few more times then ill confirm if it really worked:) But now shutdown it`s working:) :) :)

Edit: Stopped working after 10.5.4 update:( now neither shutdown nor reboot works, any solutions? Thanks!

ok, im pretty sure i found a working fix,

see my thread on taruga's wiki forums (you will need to create an account)

http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-view_forum_thr...ts_parentId=813

It have worked for me, but i had to install taruga`s 268_installer 1, because with installer 2 there was no sound after second reboot.

Run installer 1 and replaced HDAEnabler.Kext, rebooted, run HDAfix and shutdown works:)

Edit: Nor shutdown nor after 10.5.4 update:( Had to make shutdown script and place the scripts icon in the top bar, now when i want to shutdown i go scripts icon>shutdown now, write my password and my computer almost instantly shuts down, here`s the script if someone wants to use it:)

shutdown_now_.zip

It have worked for me, but i had to install taruga`s 268_installer 1, because with installer 2 there was no sound after second reboot.

Run installer 1 and replaced HDAEnabler.Kext, rebooted, run HDAfix and shutdown works:)

Ok, i added installer 1 to the zip file that is uploaded on rapidshare and updated the guide on taruga's wiki

Hey, I did this and my audio works, and also restart and shutdown. So Thank you!!! Also, now in profiler I see something in the audio section which I didn't before.

Now something weird. Before applying HDA fix, one of the final steps, in the audio properties I used to see the full name (Internal Speakers, Headphones, etc.), and after that (btw, after this step when you have to repair permissions there wer none found to be repaired), after I rebooted, they now show up as:

Name Type

IntSpeakers DevShortNameSpkr

Headphones DevShortNameHdpn

And also, the volume control icon doesn't appear in the menu bar, although that option is checked. If in the options I uncheck it and re-check it, it shows up again... This is weird and annoying. Anone have a Clue ;)

Hey, I did this and my audio works, and also restart and shutdown. So Thank you!!! Also, now in profiler I see something in the audio section which I didn't before.

Now something weird. Before applying HDA fix, one of the final steps, in the audio properties I used to see the full name (Internal Speakers, Headphones, etc.), and after that (btw, after this step when you have to repair permissions there wer none found to be repaired), after I rebooted, they now show up as:

Name Type

IntSpeakers DevShortNameSpkr

Headphones DevShortNameHdpn

And also, the volume control icon doesn't appear in the menu bar, although that option is checked. If in the options I uncheck it and re-check it, it shows up again... This is weird and annoying. Anone have a Clue :D

I have the same exact thing. These are only little nuances though that I can live with. I jumped the gun when I said my system shuts down perfectly. It seems to only properly shut down around 60% of the time.

Ok, i added installer 1 to the zip file that is uploaded on rapidshare and updated the guide on taruga's wiki

Hello,

I can confirm that the steps on taruga's wiki concerning shutdown + sound fix worked on Acer5220 with Kalyway 10.5.1+10.5.2Combo+kernel update.

(Though shutdown tried only 1x :-); same strange behaviour of volumecontrol icon and name types ... )).

But anyway GREAT Work!!

Big thanks and congratulations!!

bozon42

Hi,

I have the same exact thing. These are only little nuances though that I can live with. I jumped the gun when I said my system shuts down perfectly. It seems to only properly shut down around 60% of the time.

I can confirm that also I have those strange names in the device's lists and the computer not always shutdown completely. So this is "almost" a fix.

Cheers!

Saved guide from wiki.taruga.net

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++

The Definitve Guide to Fixing the Realtek ALC268 Soundcard (With Workin Shutdown!!!!) In Leopard

1.Rub ALC268Installer 2 or 1. (Depending on which works for you.)

2.Before Restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

3.Use Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

4.With DiskUtility Fix permissions

5.Restart and make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Audio Settings

6. Then run HDA Fix v3 (Riavvia in seguito means Restart later, Riavvia means Restart now)

7. Click Restart Later

8.Repair permissions with Disk Utility

9.Restart

10.Bootup and sound and shutdown should work.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++

Note:I split the ALC268FIX.zip in WinXP with TotalCommander.

Hope it helps,

bozon42

Sorry the ALC268.zip

Install_HDA_Fix_v3.zip

ALC268FIXa.ZIP

ALC268FIXb.ZIP

ALC268FIXc.ZIP

Saved guide from wiki.taruga.net

++++++++++++++++++++

The Definitve Guide to Fixing the Realtek ALC268 Soundcard (With Workin Shutdown!!!!) In Leopard

1.Rub ALC268Installer 2 or 1. (Depending on which works for you.)

2.Before Restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

3.Use Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

4.With DiskUtility Fix permissions

5.Restart and make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Audio Settings

6. Then run HDA Fix v3 (Riavvia in seguito means Restart later, Riavvia means Restart now)

7. Click Restart Later

8.Repair permissions with Disk Utility

9.Restart

10.Bootup and sound and shutdown should work.

++++++++++++++++++++

Note:I split the ALC268FIX.zip in WinXP with TotalCommander.

Hope it helps,

bozon42

Sorry the ALC268.zip

Thank you so much Bozon!

I was already able to find a copy of the HDAEnabler and got rid of ALCInject...so far so good. If I continue to have problems I'll try the HDA fix. I'm using ALC262, so I think the ALCInject was my issue...time will tell. So far I've had at least 3 shutdowns work without a hitch since using the HDAEnabler.

*crosses fingers* :D

Thank you all for the ALC286 fixes!

It fixed my shutdown and audio problems. But now I have come across a new problem. I can turn my volume all the way down but it will not mute. When I go into the sound settings the mute box is grayed out and I can't check it. So now there is no way of muting my computer.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much Bozon!

I was already able to find a copy of the HDAEnabler and got rid of ALCInject...so far so good. If I continue to have problems I'll try the HDA fix. I'm using ALC262, so I think the ALCInject was my issue...time will tell. So far I've had at least 3 shutdowns work without a hitch since using the HDAEnabler.

*crosses fingers* :D

Hello eraserhead77,

I was lucky to have printed it out and saved.

Glad to help but I am a "peasant" in this issue --> credit goes to those working hard on the solutions!!

Regards,

bozon42

thanks for your help bozon42!

i didn't expect Taruga's wiki to go down :D

anyway, i found the original file saved on my computer and im adding it to the original post in this thread

EDIT: ok its done

i also added the original download link from rapidshare that has everything

Hello hplaptopmac,

pleasure is on my side.

bozon42

The HDA Fix shutdown did not work for me. Followed the same step but on a different sound card hardware, kills the shutdown effectively whenever I use the '-v' command. I only got it resolve by replacing it with AppleHDA.kext (v1.2.4a21).