AppleHDA ALC268 Shutdown Issues [SOLVED!]

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas

199 posts in this topic

If that so stick to the ALC268Installer that works(Audio Input/Output and shutdown) on your hack. Most laptops with ALC268 chip that are patched by taruga's ALC268installer do have shutdown issue.

Lucky you.

but i want mic support =(

Collit, you're a God, thanks!! Everything is PERFECT at the moment except sound after sleep. Let's see when I will get the next problem =) .

I had read about lowering the mic volume, but that was when i didn't have the problem with the hissing. So I forgot it again...

Thanks again and Greetings,

hamburger188

So you mean even using the alc268installer from taruga it doesn't have mic?

100% you have different nodeid for mic. Try making a linux codec dump check there the correct nodeid for Mic and edit the info plist.

can you tell me what i have to do in terminal, in linux, to get the codec dump of the sound board?

Collit, i'm trying to add pinconfigurations to the 268 kext, to have something to see in the

sysprofiler, i've tried a lot of ConfigDatas but i never get sounds, it seem it works,it show in the sysprofiler, but is likely muted. Have you never had luck with this?

Datas i have are taken from the Vista driver, are not random datas <_< and values are confirmed by the codec dump taken on linux, i wonder what's wrong, maybe the autoswitch hp/speakers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i've tried the TarugaALC268Installer 5 (sound works), after i've tried fixed shutdown problems with the fist post method. It work's. But randomly when i boot it recognize the output devices or not and when it don't find them i have no sound.

I've tried -v -f and it doesn't change anything. Sometimes they load when i boot sometimes not. Anyone have an idea? A solution? I will really appreciate. Thanks. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi i've tried the TarugaALC268Installer 5 (sound works), after i've tried fixed shutdown problems with the fist post method. It work's. But randomly when i boot it recognize the output devices or not and when it don't find them i have no sound.

I've tried -v -f and it doesn't change anything. Sometimes they load when i boot sometimes not. Anyone have an idea? A solution? I will really appreciate. Thanks. :)

I tried installer 1 and the fix ... but the mute doesn't work

installer 2 doesn't work at all ... and installer 5 also doesn't work the mute function :)

i checked with lspci and get the following:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh ! My god ! It works very well.

Thank you very much.

Now, The IntSpeaker and Headphones can control Output volume.

The Internal Mic working well with Input volume control.

That's greate !!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

My laptop : Toshiba A200

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2450 2.00Ghz 2M L2 cache

Memory: 1GB DDR2

Bios : Phoenix 1.5 (1MB)

Mainboard: Intel Capell Valley (NAPA) CRB

VGA onboard: 945GM Express ==>working well

Touch Pad: Synapics PS2 TouchPad

Biometric: UPEK Touch Chip Fingerprint Coprocessor ==>working well with full functions

HDD: Hitachi HTS541612J9SA400

Lan NiC : Yukon 88E8-39 PCI-E Fast Ethernet ==>working well

Sound Realtek ALC268 =>working well with full functions

Not working..:

Wireless: Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG

Modem : Toshiba Software Modem - chip Agere

1394 Bus : Texas IEEE 1394 Host Controller

PCMIA - Flash memory device: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Intergrated Flash Media Controller

Secure Digital host controlller: SDA Standard Complaint SD Host Controller

• 2 weeks later...

hi, firstly PLEASE HELP ME otherwise I will go crazy:) i ve toshiba a205 s4797 laptop and realtek alc268 realtek high definition audio card, i ve installed mac 10.5.2 leopard but, although whatever i ve done so far as you said, it didn't work for me, whenever i check system preferences\sound=no output device:( what should i do? by the way somebody gave here alc268fix in three parts a b c, i think he split it so how can i combine them to make a logical file for mac because mac can't read it when it s divided into parts, thanks

hi, firstly PLEASE HELP ME otherwise I will go crazy:) i ve toshiba a205 s4797 laptop and realtek alc268 realtek high definition audio card, i ve installed mac 10.5.2 leopard but, although whatever i ve done so far as you said, it didn't work for me, whenever i check system preferences\sound=no output device:( what should i do? by the way somebody gave here alc268fix in three parts a b c, i think he split it so how can i combine them to make a logical file for mac because mac can't read it when it s divided into parts, thanks

Solutions posted in this thread are old and no more needed, look here for 268 kext

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129485

no need of fix, no crash, just work. it don't support the sleep and ibernation, and atm the aren't better solutions.

p.s. read the whole post there, you need both hdapatcher and the kext

I have a dv9543cl (see sig) with a realtek ALC268 sound card...

soo... i used Taruga's ALC268 Installer2 to install, but doing this breaks my shutdown even though it fixes sound

does anybody know of any solutions (ive searched for days but couldn't find any...)

-hplaptopmac

EDIT: THERE IS NOW A WORKING FIX:

The Definitve Guide to Fixing the Realtek ALC268 Soundcard (With Working Shutdown!!!!) In Leopard

Download the zip file from below; Using those files:

1.Run ALC268Installer 2 or 1. (Depending on which works for you.)

2.Before Restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

3.Use Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

4.Fix Permissions with Disk Utility

5.Restart and make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Audio Settings

6. Then run HDA Fix v3 (Riavvia in seguito means Restart later, Riavvia means Restart now)

7. Click Restart Later

8.Repair permissions with Disk Utility

9.Restart

10.Bootup and sound and shutdown should work

http://rapidshare.com/files/183080362/ALC268FIX.zip

Thank a lot hplaptopmac it work on my hp pavilion dv6629ca!!! GREATTTT!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Worked perfectly on my dv9740us. Have not tested audio ports yet. Everything however is running smoothly with iDeneb 10.5.4 NVInject GO 256MB, all screen resolutions. Only thing that doesn't work still is sleep.

• 1 month later...

awesome!! totally worked on my HP DV6700T

used Kalyway 10.5.2 build

actually ran the taruga patcher first (but did not install the AppleHDA.kext)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...alc268&st=0

then went through the instructions on the first post; after 2nd reboot my shutdown works, my volume and softkeys work too!

thanks everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...