Install fails while installing jas patch 4.2b

Peter Gammelgaard

12 posts in this topic

Hi there...

First of all I want to say thanks for a great forum, but I have a problem with installing 10.4.3.. I'm a newbie at this point so I hope someone can help me...

My specs is:

Hp Pavilion zv6000

AMD64 3200+ (SSE2)

Ati mobile 200 chipset

I downloaded a iso that was patched with jas 4.2b and I patched it myself with his ati patch too.... Then I boot up from the DVD and start to install, but suddently it fails. It is while it is installing jas patch because with big font is says something about "Jas 4.2b patcher no sse3 emulution" or something like that, and the installlog says something about "some files to JaS.111a.Patches are not written corect". I don't know what to do to solve this problem. I have tried to burn a new dvd to see if that could do any different. I hope you can help me..

Sorry if my english is bad.. I tried the best i could..

Yes of course..

I have to try to install it again so i'll post it in about 20 minutes..

I have read about other with a pavilion zv6000 and it work for them so I dont understand why it wont work for me..

I download the iso with the jas patch 4.2b and then downloaded the Ati patch from another place and patches myself with PPF-O-MATIC3 and it all went okay with no errors..

I have fixed the problem myself now..

I tried to burn the iso file on another dvd brand..

Princo suxx Bulkpag rocks.. :D

:D Weird :blink:

On the screenshot i saw you have an old version of the patch by JaS ...

Try searching for the Jas Generic Final Patch ...

greetz

• 3 weeks later...

Peter Gammelgaard,

Would it be possible to email me the ati patch that you used? I have this exact same problem, but unfortunately I am not able to fix it by switching dvd brands.

If anyone has any other ideas, they would be very helpful.

I am using the MacOSx 10.4.3 8F1111A Patched Jas v4.2b.iso file with the ati patch. I also tried to use the final patch but it is unsuccesful.

Im using an AMD turion MT-40 with ati chipset.

Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. I have a Compaq v5000 laptop with the ATI x200M chipset and AMD Turion 64 processor. It shows the exact same error message and the install log says it wasn't able to load the carbonsound framework.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.