A strange problem with screen refresh

Ztardust

2 posts in this topic

Yeah, I have a quite strange problem with my Acer Aspire laptop with Zephyroth 10.5.2 installed.

It has a ATI mobility x1300 graphics card.

I thought I had gotten everything to work perfectly, the ethernet was working, sound was perfect, the graphics were perfectly smooth with QE and CI enabled, for eksempel the screen saver was looking perfect, everything moved without the slightest hiccup.

Then I unplugged the lan cable... and I realised that the display wasn´t updating more than every 3-4 seconds, UNLESS I move the mouse.

I plugged the cable in again, the graphics were immediately again moving smoothly... and as I unplugged everything stopped moving.

How can I fix this? Without having to have the computer constantly connected to lan through cable...?

I believe I am missing a file called "ATIinject.kext", could this be the problem?

Okay... a small update on my problem here.

If I plug any usb device to the computer, the graphics are back to normal, updating smoothly.

If I start photo booth, the same, graphics back to updating smoothly.

Another thing is, that if I don´t have anything connected(ethernet, external disk, usb dongle for example) then the startup of OSX takes much much longer... the spinning wheel just stops and moves extremely slowly.

Anyone recognise this problem, and have an advise for me, please? :thumbsup_anim: