Buying a Wifi Card

Neo Os

5 posts in this topic

Hi there guys.

my 3945 a/b/g intel card fail to work on my laptop.

so i have checked around and saw that the atheros cards are supported in the leopard by default?

if so which card should i buy?

thank you for helping.

Ok, here's what works in my Mitac Laptop, but I have "only" Tiger running on that machine:

Gigabyte WI01-GT mini-pci-e

which cost like 20 euro and was relatively easy to configure, check my signature for "how-to" link. The card runs fantastic, with great bandwidth and reach.

That laptop runs so well with Tiger, I have hesitated going Leo.... so I cannot make any guarantees about Leo and this card.

WHICH BRINGS US to your (and my) exasperation about HOW DIFFICULT it is on this forum sometimes to get concrete information...There will be 350,000 posts about "why can't I boot" but IMHO the most important thing missing is a current and thorough HCL... the one on the WIKI really sux. You shouldn't have to read 400 posts just to get an answer for a particular hardware, "does it work or not".

Okay, that was my rant for this week.

I might just try this WI01-GT in the sony laptop, because -just like you- I am looking for compatible mini pci-e WIFI for Leo.

good luck,

ninetto

Many had succeded with Dell TrueMobile Wireless models, (1390 and 1490 for A,B,G, and 1505 for A,B,G, and draft N).

Also there are Atheros cards, and the Original Apple (Broadcom chipset mosf of them)

All on eBay