Downtime :( Yes - I know, again... :(

18 posts in this topic

Really sorry for the downtime tonight everyone... I'd love to stick around and explain but right now my bed is calling. I'll give a fuller explanation tomorrow.

Short story is we had an important switch fry this evening taking out 19 servers. Fortunately we had a 'warm' switch on standby and I was able to coax things back to life remotely.

Unfortunately a crashed sessions table in the insanelymac database caused the outage to be slightly longer than it need have been but I was so wrapped up getting all the hardware back online I didn't look deep enough to find the problem until now. That problem is now also fixed

Hopefully all should be ok between now and when I get back tomorrow.

Sorry

Mark

The wiki is dead. I get this error when I try to access it:

Database error

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doquery". MySQL returned error "145: Table './wikidb/mw_objectcache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (insanesql.bunker.fubra.net)".

Lol "MediaWikiBagOStuff" in the error :P

Exactly:I get this right now

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: [indent](SQL query hidden)[/indent] from within function "MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doquery". MySQL returned error "145: Table './wikidb/mw_objectcache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (insanesql.bunker.fubra.net)".

• 1 year later...

Quite lazy monkeys....

Nothing works!Attachment system is really screwed up...I have to use mediafire even for tiny files.

Even though I love the new design I'd prefer the old one if it work reliably.

Every page has to be reloaded 3 times until it shows up correctly.

• 2 weeks later...