OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

Hey, guys, you are spending hours on a process that could be far easier. Find the torrent of the 10.4.4 Ghost image. It is only about 1.3 GB in size, and installs a working, ready to go system.

Took me about hour to get 10.4.4 up and going -- I have been testing it for the last day, and must say I see no real difference from 10.4.3, which works "nearly" perfectly on my P4HT 3.0Ghz no SSE3 box.

Look at this link

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...504entry60504

I burned the disk and tried to boot it. Right after the grey Apple logo and spinning circle, it kicks to a command line and scrolls a few lines about thing segfaulting, clears the screen, scrolls more segfaults, clears screen, in a cycle that happens rapidly. Then it sits at an empty command line but won't respond to any input.

I have an AMD SSE3 system that worked perfectly with the 10.4.3 bootable DVDs and required no patching besides the minimum protection bypass.

Same here :/ AMD SSE3 system, a lot of segfaulting errors and then the command line showing up instead of the install screen :o

Could someone please post a MD5 cheksum of the 10.4.4 restore dvd's dmg or would this be off-rules ?

Thanks ;)

I did this with my 10.4.3 partition mounted, and 10.4.4 on a second partition. Nothing ruined, nothing lost. I just dragged all my installed programs over from the 10.4.3 /apps directory and dropped them on 10.4.4 Applications menu, then dragged my documents and download folders over. This included: Toast, Mplayer, Mactheknife, bunch of other video tools and Utilities....

If you have an AMD setup, just install the image to a partition, boot to 10.4.3. The new partition will show up. Copy in the AMD mach_kernel, and copy over your 10.4.3 kext to the new disk /System/Extensions. Use HDutil to fix permissions and verify the 10.4.4 disk. (Mine showed a minor header error that was corrected, probably due to the fact that I installed the image into a larger partition than that of the original ghost image, which BTW works just fine -- obviously the partition must be 21GB, the size of the original ghost imaged partition).

Will all take less than an hour. Then boot into 10.4.4, drag over you programs and files from the 10.4.3 This is really the easy way (and I have tried a few). Whole process took me about three hours of messing around, though it booted right up after I put in the proper kernel.

BTW, working on a P4HT 3Ghz no SSE3. Everything seems to work (except the new beta of Opera 9b2 is not connecting to the internet for some reason - works fine in 10.4.3)

jdxxx - I've got only one HD to play with here, allmost full, so upgrading was the best option.

Well, 10.4.4 is here. Now we need a solution to install 10.4.5 over it :)

PS: Ppl, dont forget to update the wiki with your working/not working hardware list!

So, no one downloaded and tried the 3.3 Gb DVD image ? I would prefer a clean installation instead to play with partitions.. :whistle:

Be patient. I'm on. I let you know.

insteading of seeding the patched dvd, why not just seed a ppf?

Because Maxxuss is out for the moment and he used to rely on JaS from Win2osx for PPF but the site is out too!

Just and update here, I said I was going to try a fresh install, I did and it worked just as well as the upgrade. The 4 kext errors were still present, and repairing them as I posted earlier worked.

There is a 3.3 Go 10.4.4 DVD at Demonoid's :

This dvd is a generic install dvd for Mac OSX 10.4.4. It will work on your computer as long as you have SSE2 or SSE3 as well as PAE. NX is not a requirement to get this dvd to work. However, after installing this, you still need to boot into single user mode and apply the patches by Maxxuss for AMD processors to work with this. I can not tell you where to get these patches, as i dont know where they are.

That should be everything, if there's any other question's, feel free to use the almighty Google to find the answer's.

Just so people won't be confused, if you run the install script that is the subject of this thread, you will not have to do those single user mode patches afterwards. People will have to decide which way they'd rather do it, both require downloading large amounts.

just as a sidenote: did a upgrade from 1099, and it

worked perfectly (though the script above did print

some strange errors at the end). only thing to do

was do repair disk permissions, and chmod the

ac97.kext. setup here is celeron sse3+pae+nx/i915g.

up to now: no problems seen. xbench is about the same

as before.. script=great stuff.. :)

Hmm, I have a problem when trying to boot the DVD. It just comes up with "Boot from CD:" and then all I hear is the drive "revving" the CD... I was waiting for about 5 minutes, and nothing showed up... Am I just being impatient, or...?

System tried:

Dell Inspiron 600m

IBM Thinkpad T40

I get the following error when I put in the CD:

"This hardware configuration is not supported by Darwin/x86. (3)"

I applied the patch using a Powerbook G4. The patch was all successfull (as I can tell). Took about 15-20 minutes for the patch to finish.

Any ideas on how to get this booting?

Hmm, I have a problem when trying to boot the DVD. It just comes up with "Boot from CD:" and then all I hear is the drive "revving" the CD... I was waiting for about 5 minutes, and nothing showed up... Am I just being impatient, or...?

Can take a while to load up for some reason, took mine about 10 minutes...others more. Once it loads, it installs in normal time though.

Too bad... tried the patcher but the resulting iso doesn't boot on my AMD Athlon 64. Error: 'this hardware configuration is not supported by Darwin'.

So it seems the Darwin bootloader doesn't run on my hardware !

Following Maxxuss instructons for the 10.4.4 install the installation also breaks at 'installing regional boot'.

Anybody having same problems ???, seems I'm kinda stuck here... :)

Can take a while to load up for some reason, took mine about 10 minutes...others more. Once it loads, it installs in normal time though.

I left it for 45 minutes, still didn't boot up...

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Skt 939)

DFI Ulrat-Infinity nF4

1024 MB RAM (2x 512)

I just dont get why it aint bootin' up... :pirate2:

EDIT: Do you think it's becuase I made the ISO undr a 10.4.1 environment?

I left it for 45 minutes, still didn't boot up...

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Skt 939)

DFI Ulrat-Infinity nF4

1024 MB RAM (2x 512)

I just dont get why it aint bootin' up... :pirate2:

Using -v at startup prompt will show you the overall progress.

Using -v at startup prompt will show you the overall progress.

I can't even get to that stage.... I select to boot from my DVD Drive, and it comes up with "Boot from CD: _" and that's it. I hear the drive spinning the disc, I left it for 45 minutes, and it won't work.

Try to build the patch dmg again... then compare the image's md5 sums... if they are the same compare you md5 with someone who's image was built on a 10.4.3

Try to build the patch dmg again... then compare the image's md5 sums... if they are the same compare you md5 with someone who's image was built on a 10.4.3

Don't worry... I found the source of the problem... A reply on a pirate bay for the file I was using said this:

hi guys, you can spare the download, since that patcher dont work! it creates ISO´s with corrupt content.

Where are you lot all getting it from? (yes, I know you can't give me a direct link, but are you getting it from thepiratebay?)