OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

I copied the kexts it complained about from 10.4.3 to the 10.4.4 install, set permissions, removed the old caches and rebuilt the kextcache...rebooted, and now sound, trackpad, and keyboard work.

I did not try to rm, set perm, and rebuild the files before replacing them, there is a chance it would have worked...but for sure using the 10.4.3 1111a kexts will work. I'm deleting this now, I just like to test these things out :D 10.4.4 feels at least as fast as 10.4.3 did.

The first time I installed (the upgrade cycle), it complained about the kexts...but I could still type - but when I rebooted the keyboard no longer worked. So I advise you to have those kexts ready on a usb drive or some other fashion and do the replace,permission,rebuild cache cycle BEFORE you reboot - or else you will find yourself not able to authenticate without using an external keyboard (for laptop users).

The two kexts are:

AppleAC97Audio.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ok..now back to xp for this laptop :gathering:

No love on my first AMD test. It starts to boot then kernal panics and hangs. I think it has something to do with the MSI motherboard. Now of course my next question is, does anyone have this ACER laptop?

Acer Acer TravelMate® 4202 Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz Mainstream Notebook LX.TAV06.040

Description from pcmall.com: Intel® Core Duo Processor T2300 (2MB L2 cache, 1.66GHz, 667MHz FSB), 1GB (512/512) memory, 100GB hard drive, integrated DVD-Dual drive, 15.4" WXGA, Intel® GMA 950, WLAN, V.92 modem, Win XP Pro LX.TAV06.040 Acer.

Anyone have one of these? Friday is my day off, and I'm going to go a-testing. Oh the CompUSA will be fun for a change.

I made the patched boot DVD for Intel, but it will not even start to boot. I wonder if this is because I made it on a partiton that was different from my Mac boot partition? I just don't have the free space to make it on my Mac boot partition, so I made another HFS+ partition as a work space and did it all there. Anyone know if that is why it will not boot? Like part of the script expects some boot files to be on the working partition for it to grab???

God damn you guys, we're going to get shut down again.

Wonderful news for the scene though!

Provided that the only thing that takes place here is discussion and no links to the content, we should be in good shape. If you notice any offending links, please report them the the staff and it will be taken care of as quickly as possible.

Ok, I've got the requisite files, The Restore DVD Img, and the patcher, but I'm running XP... and apparently I can't patch the dvd without a working install of osx or linux?

someone said umbuntu can do it...

I have an ubuntu live cd, If i boot from that, can I patch the darn thing, and then burn it in windows?

or should I just try finding a 10.4.3 and upgranding? (sounds like more trouble than it's worth)

or should I wait for an AMD patched disk makes its way onto the scene?

There is a 3.3 Go 10.4.4 DVD at Demonoid's :

This dvd is a generic install dvd for Mac OSX 10.4.4. It will work on your computer as long as you have SSE2 or SSE3 as well as PAE. NX is not a requirement to get this dvd to work. However, after installing this, you still need to boot into single user mode and apply the patches by Maxxuss for AMD processors to work with this. I can not tell you where to get these patches, as i dont know where they are.

That should be everything, if there's any other question's, feel free to use the almighty Google to find the answer's.