OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm stuck at the "b0 error" I tried bless -folder /Volumes/MyDrive/System --setBoot and it didn't work. I tried repairing permissions. I hate to sound like a whiner, but I'm stuck. I'm trying this on a home-built P4 3.2Ghz, which as far as I know uses SSE2.

Please forgive my ignorance :

How to mount the dmg file ?

WHat is the syntax ?

Should I mount the file in the "place-dmg-in-here" directory ?

Is the first step mount dmg file ?

Then run patch it ?

• 2 weeks later...

So there's no way to patch 10.4.4 restore dvd to bootable dvd without other mac or already installed macos 10.4.3? I'm using winxp and downloaded 10.4.4 restore disk, so the best way is to download 10.4.x bootable dvd again and forget about restore dvd?

• 2 weeks later...

Well i tried to install OS X 10.4.4 on my coumputer

what happen is my computer stuck at blue screen

and colored icon spinning on upper left corner of screen

any suggestions what is wrong. Please help me.

Thx.

Boot in safe mode. -x. Also if u have the 10.4.4 dmg patched with 10.4.6 JaS update, u need to replace the kernel

1) Get Maxxus 10.4.4 Kernel Patcher (If u dont have it, PM me)

2) Patch Kernel

3) Install Macdrive

4) Replace Kernel using Macdrive

5) Reboot

6) Enjoy

• 2 months later...

This script seems to have dropped off of the face of the net. If anyone has a copy, can you please PM me? I have Maxxuss Patch Solution 10.4.4 8G1165 x86 and the DVDs that came with my Macbook Pro, but nothing else. I tried installing Darwin 8 on my Centrino Duo but it didn't work, and I like experiments. =) Since I Darwin didn't install, I have no way to run the Patch Solution, and it would be nice to have a bootable DVD anyway. . .

I hate to be a 'hey please send me the file' guy, but hey, please send me the file. :thanks_speechbubble:

• 1 year later...
I did not see an answer to this posted here, but I think I read somewhere that this error can occur if you attempt to install directly from an iso in vmware (virtual cd/dvd) as opposed to using an actual dvd.

I've tried to install it from actual DVD in VMware but I've got the same error...

I typed following commands at the 'boot' prompt: rd=disk1s3 -v -F platform=x86PC

I attached screenshot

Can anyone say what this error exactly means??

post-123776-1185610582_thumb.jpg