Kaly Leo 10.5.1

GA P35-DSR3

Q6600 Cpu

Apacer 4gig DDR2

GA 7300 gs Pcie 256 mb

IDE 7200 harddrive

same monitors working using the same Nvinject kext on this mobo

mushupork5 said:

I got NVInject working on 10.5 Loepard ToH with Dual Screen working perfectly, QE/CI/Rotation

i used a custom nvcap value:

04000000 00000100 02000000 00000000 00000000

download my kext here:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=423850

I have a eVga NVidia 6200 (recognized as 6200A pci) AGP 256mb card. I am using NVinject.kext 1.1.3 (the latest) for Leopard. Device id is 221. Hopefully this helps someone else get their 6200 working as well as it should.

Good luck!

I downloaded his kext and deleted both the old NVinject and NVinjectgo and the Natit kexts in the System/Library/Extensions folder then I run the new NVinject kext through the program kexthelper rebooted and voila dual displays.

I´m bumping this one cause the 6200 is as I understand it not so usual in a hackmac but as you can see it´s possible to get dual displays working even with an old crappy mobo like the one I have and on top of it it´s really easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys this was not my kext don´t give me credit for it. Mushupork5 wrote the original thread I´m reffering to in my quote (and I´m not even sure he wrote the kext) he´s the man to say thanks to not me. I just used his info and tried it on my videocard. But thanks and I´m really glad I could pass on this good info to you guys.

Lets keep bumping this one cause it´s really good to have this dual display thing working specially when you´re editing music in Logic. Probably even more so if you´re in to making video/movies.

hi,

i have the same card than you : PNY AGP 6200 256 mb , but i can't get QE/CI working , please help me , tell me how you did ?

my config spec is : LEO4ALL V3 10.5.2 , AMD 64 2800+ , 1 go ram , MSI K8N Neo Nforce3 250gb, PNY AGP 6200 256 mb, NVinject 0.2.2

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dual screen setup on my 7300gs, dvi-d and vga which worked great until my acer screen's dvi-d input decided to die. I was pretty close to shelling out for another screen because i couldnt get dual screen working with vga and dvi-vga working. You guys have essential saved me ~$200 australian!

Thanks to the original author and the poster my 7300gs is now working perfectly!

Asus 7300gs running Dual analogue output

• 1 month later...

confirmed WORKING on XFX 7300 GT PCIe

Display 1 = 1680x1050x32@60

Display 2 = 1280x1024x32@85

was able to set primary and secondary displays, rotate 4 angles, as well as position and align everything, including desktop mirroring.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

really need to sticky this kext as the official 10.5.2 7300 GS / GT driver... using anything else is not as good...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The NVinject Kext posted in the link below is working on my system with the PNY GeForce 6200, giving Transparent menu and QE/CI:

QE Dual Displays Nvinject.kext for Leo 10.5.3 and 4, GA Geforce 7300gs and 256mb PNY Gforce 6200 AGP 8x 256 mb

Kext is here:

For a low priced AGP card, the 6200 is working well.

Working in Screen-Spanning mode, Mirroring mode blacks out one screen.

Tested Front Row, working; iTunes Visualizations, working.

Heres a good link for tweaking NVinject:

• 1 year later...
;):):P Thanks a million starobrno1, you are the man, I installed your kext file and its working great...thanks again. I am using VESA GFORCE 7300GT and getting dual display. thanks again

please tell me the detail to get QE work on 7300 gt, i have only dual monitor support but no QE

This is the kext and it works with 6200 agp, 5200fx agp, 7300 pcie and a few other videocards + some onboard cards too so it would be really strange if it would´nt work for you too. There is actually not much to do in detail, in the plist you can change order between display A and B and alter the ram size of your cards. I don´t think that has any affect on QE though. It´s probably just that you have another video kext loaded like natit or something that takes over/make conflict.

Hell this kext even works with two videocards, I´m using it with two 7300 gs pcie 512 mb gives me four displays. It works with Snow Leo too and there´s even a 64 bit version.

NVinject.kext.zip

• 4 months later...

Bingo!........Crawled my way up from kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.8 with Delta upgrades...never had QE/CI/Rotation on my ge force AGP 6200 till I found this thread....now its working perfectly....Asus p4p800e deluxe (pentium 4...2.8ghz) 2gb ram....Thanks to mushupork5 and starobrno1.

• 3 weeks later...

This somehow doesn’t work for me?

I installed with kexts helper

Restarted

Nothing...

Removed all other kexts and injects and Graphicsenabler=Y

Funny thing is I resorted to this method as my DSDT would wonk either!

I have all the graphics modes listed in system preferences /display

I can change to any of them no problem.

But I am missing QE/CI both in this kext and DSDT!

Anyone any ideas?

• 1 month later...
This is the kext and it works with 6200 agp, 5200fx agp, 7300 pcie and a few other videocards + some onboard cards too so it would be really strange if it would´nt work for you too. There is actually not much to do in detail, in the plist you can change order between display A and B and alter the ram size of your cards. I don´t think that has any affect on QE though. It´s probably just that you have another video kext loaded like natit or something that takes over/make conflict.

Hell this kext even works with two videocards, I´m using it with two 7300 gs pcie 512 mb gives me four displays. It works with Snow Leo too and there´s even a 64 bit version.

hi your kext work fine in 10.5.7 but when i try to install snow it stops b4 welcome screen what do I need to make it boot to snow install disk???

i tried many things so far but no luck....

ati init kext also gfx string all getting stuck b4 welcome screen

my card is pny fx6200 256mb agp

Edit: I found out this is a thread from way way back so check out the link for this NVinject.kext under here instead to get the more updated info about it.

Sometimes some people have problems installing SL, seems there´s some hardware related problems but some people for some reason do´nt get those probs. And I guess with some older hardware it even might be it does´nt work with SL period. Might be that´s it in your case cause the kext works for sure I still use it.

I´m one of the unlucky guys so I´ve always encountered problems upgrading to SL. Cause of that I figured out two ways that should work hopefully for all. First one will give you a basic running SL but without printerdrivers and it will say it failed in the end of the install but still you can reboot and finnish up the install and it will work pretty ok actually. Second one should hopefully give you a fully working install in all aspects.

1. You need a SL Retail Snow Leo DVD and an external USB harddrive or some external device to hook up your harddrive over USB, the kdetech boot 132 CD for SL and all the kexts and additional stuff you need for your specific Hardware.

kdetchs boot 132 cd for SL http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183406

Disconnect all your drives and connect your DVD to port 1 on you mobo, connect your harddrive to the USB port. Boot up in to Bios set boot up to DVD. Drop in the boot 132 CD in your DVD and boot up. Once the Boot cd is finnished loading press F5 and swap over to the SL disc, hit enter to install. Let the first round install finnish, it probably will tell you it failed when it´s allmoast finnished, never mind that shut down and swap over to the boot cd again and boot up. When it´s finnished loading hit F5 again and you´ll see your harddrive icon too on the left hand, mover over to it and hit enter. Finnish the install.

Now you need to do what ever you need to do to make your personal hardware run osx and even upgrade to later version of osx but then you need to know what steps you have to go through to make later versions work on your personal hardware. Just do all of it when your harddrive still is hooked up over USB so if things go wrong you don´t have to mess back and forth with your harddrive. When it´s running ok put it in you computer on 1 port hook up the rest of your drives DVDs whatever and set the comp to boot up as usual.

2. You need a hackmac or real mac and a Retail SL DVD and an extra harddrive for your new SL install. You can still use that USB hardrive/device if you do´nt want to open your box just yet. Or you can hook up the harddrive to the mobo.

Make an ISO of your retail SL put it in a folder called Retail on your desktop. Mount your OS X image.

Format the harddrive the usual way name it to what you want, I named mine Macintosh.

Open a terminal

TYPE or cut n past into Terminal: cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

TYPE or cut n past into Terminal: open OSInstall.mpkg

Install onto your Macintosh labeled drive

Take whatever steps you need to make your personal hardware run osx and if you want any upgrade and any steps you need to go trough to make that version of osx work with your personal hardware.

Reboot make sure it boots from your new install and let the installation finnish.

offtheroad!

About system profiler showing wrong memory size for your video card I think it´s just cosmetic but it´s possible to edit the plist to make it show whatever you have on there. The trick is to find out what to put in there for your personal videocard.

Here is a link to another of my threads about this NVinject.kext and editing the plist and stuff, check it out.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=112727&hl=

Here´s the 64 bit version

I give up installing sl on my old p4 motherboard I have noticed that if I use my hack installer and remove all

kexts it ok but then I get error when I press about my mac I get a black screen and then comes back on I think its related to smbios any way system is really slow ;in leo 10.5.7 bl... quick almost quicker than my sl with aao.

so I think Ill stick to leo 4my p4 board....

Ps thanks a bunch for leo kext :)

Hi i managed to boot into sl but if I use your kext desktop only blue screen nothing else with out kext only 1078 res

your kext working fine in 10.5.7 is it perhaps something to o with pci root device in sl?????

Regards

for about this mac issue, remove injectors and create a proper smbios using lizard or use SMBIOSEFI kext to fix that problem

AGP DOES also work well in DSDT. You need to place the nvidia section within the graphics card section, usually under the agp bus and in replacment of the vga device section within that

check ioreg in safe mode for the actual location of your graphics card

root port / IOPCI2PCIBridge

ie

AGPB / VGAG (example format for MSI award/nvidia boards)

for example :-

Device (AGPB) /*original ioreg / agp bus device name*/

{

Name (_ADR, 0x000B0000) /*ioreg agp root port location, reflected in original dsdt file*/

OperationRegion (VGA1, PCI_Config, 0x4C, One)

Field (VGA1, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

ONBV, 1

}

Name (PICM, Package (0x02)

{

Package (0x04)

{

0xFFFF,

0x00,

LNK1,

0x00

},

Package (0x04) /*added second device for hdmi audio option!*/

{

0xFFFF,

0x01,

LNK1,

0x00

}

})

Name (APIC, Package (0x02)

{

Package (0x04)

{

0xFFFF,

0x00,

APC1,

0x00

},

Package (0x04) /*added second device for hdmi audio option!*/

{

0xFFFF,

0x01,

APC1,

0x00

}

})

Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (LNot (PICF))

{

Return (PICM)

}

Else

{

Return (APIC)

}

}

Device (GFX0) /*new section added in replacement of original vga dsdt device VGAG / original ioreg value below IOPCI2PCIBridge*/

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_SUN, One)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package ()

{

"@0,compatible",

Buffer (0x0B)

{

"NVDA,NVMac"

},

"@0,device_type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"display"

},

"@0,name",

Buffer (0x0F)

{

"NVDA,Display-A"

},

"@1,compatible",

Buffer (0x0B)

{

"NVDA,NVMac"

},

"@1,device_type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"display"

},

"@1,name",

Buffer (0x0F)

{

"NVDA,Display-B"

},

"NVCAP",

Buffer (0x14)

{

/* HERE IS WHERE YOU CHANGE THE DATA ACORDING YOUR NVIDIA CARD*/

/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00,

/* 0008 */ 0x1c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0a,

/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"VRAM,totalsize",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10 /*<-- 0x40 = 1024mb, 0x20= 512mb, 0x10= 256mb */

},

"device_type",

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"NVDA,GeForce"

},

"model",

Buffer ()

{

"GeForce XXXX XX" /* HERE IS WHERE YOU CHANGE THE DATA ACORDING YOUR NVIDIA CARD*/

},

"rom-revision",

Buffer ()

{

"XX.XX.XX.XX.XX" /* HERE IS WHERE YOU CHANGE THE DATA ACORDING TO YOUR NVIDIA CARD*/

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

You can also remove the above nvcap section above and use graphicsenabler to calculate the correct nvcap value. You can then re insert that value in replcement of the above value.

Good luck!

ps you may need to add your gfx cards device id to nv4hal or whatever for this to work