maxxuss website down

enb14

114 posts in this topic

i'm a newbie and i needed the patches, so i just used Google's cache of maxxuss' site so i could still get to the links for the patches. just in case anyone needs them... i was also able to see the instructions for the patches as well.

all the downloads for his patches on rapidshare still work for me just fine...

i'm a newbie and i needed the patches, so i just used Google's cache of maxxuss' site so i could still get to the links for the patches. just in case anyone needs them... i was also able to see the instructions for the patches as well.

all the downloads for his patches on rapidshare still work for me just fine...

Google's cache does not have the latest version of Maxxuss site, I think.

Google's cache does not have the latest version of Maxxuss site, I think.

it might not be the latest, but it has working links to the patches. that's all i needed. better than nothing i guess.

edit:

actually i just noticed on his homepage (in Google's cache) it says it was last updated 19 Feb, 2006. i don't know how often he updates his site, but that's current enough for me.

EDIT by jchillerup:

Ok, fine. The links can't be here, even though they were disabled. The links were files hosted on rapidshare and mytempdir. And it specifically said that it was removed by the uploader.

Both links used to be the Maxxuss Anti-TPM crack, but now they're removed by the uploader. I'm kindda sure, Apple got Maxxuss.

If that's true, I'm pretty sure Apple is on his case - why else would they be removed?

This isn't the type of thing that makes front page news.

Win2Osx has been down almost a week due to bandwidth caused by the influx of people wanting to install 10.4.4. I'm personally very surprised that Maxxuss's site lasted as long as it did. It's probably because he has a very simple no-frills layout that's not very bandwidth-consuming, plus the fact that all of his files were remotely hosted. But still, with the tremendous amount of traffic he got probably killed his bandwidth limit.

Take a breath. His site will probably be up and down sporadically. If Apple was serious about this, they would've posted a legal notice in place of his site to deter people. I mean, look at how explicit they were with the "dont steal mac os x" kext. It's not their style to silently take down the #1 hacker on their hit list without bragging about it. It's not Apple...

The amount of 'coincidence' is quite amazing. And I love how people somehow think that only this site would get a DMCA complaint and not the other one that was using the same provider and had a lot more questionable material...

But we should know soon enough.

From what I hear, that's the very reason why "the other one" has been offline for so long. They're trying to find another host for it.

There's one big big big oversight in any argument promoting the idea that Maxxuss's site was shut down by "the man": His site was not hosted on servers. It's not within the jurisdiction of any U.S. laws that Apple can use to press charges. If it's not in the U.S.A, you can't extend the U.S. law into the country where the physical servers are located.

This site is hosted in Texas which is obviouslly in the U.S.A., and therefore within Apple's legal jurisdiction to exercise their American rights to demand that any unlawful content be removed. Win2OSX was hosted on these same servers, and by simple logic, they are moving servers. OSX86Project appeases Apple's demands, Win2Osx tries to find alternate routes to maintain the free flow of hacking discussion. That's the way it's always been and it's the way things still are.

When 10.4.1 got cracked, Mash had to deal with a similiar warning, and OSX86Project appeased them (until eventually I guess toward the end they became more lenient), and Win2OSX by it's down decision (intelligent or not is your opinion) decided to find any way possible to keep "warez" topics active.

*takes a deep breath*

and thats all i gotta say :-P

From what I hear, that's the very reason why "the other one" has been offline for so long. They're trying to find another host for it.

There's one big big big oversight in any argument promoting the idea that Maxxuss's site was shut down by "the man": His site was not hosted on servers. It's not within the jurisdiction of any U.S. laws that Apple can use to press charges. If it's not in the U.S.A, you can't extend the U.S. law into the country where the physical servers are located.

This site is hosted in Texas which is obviouslly in the U.S.A., and therefore within Apple's legal jurisdiction to exercise their American rights to demand that any unlawful content be removed. Win2OSX was hosted on these same servers, and by simple logic, they are moving servers. OSX86Project appeases Apple's demands, Win2Osx tries to find alternate routes to maintain the free flow of hacking discussion. That's the way it's always been and it's the way things still are.

*takes a deep breath*

and thats all i gotta say :-P

No matter where Maxxuss site is, if he has done his hacking on American soil - he could be liable if they find him. Maybe the DCMA doesn't extend to Russia, but a hosting service (regardless of where they are located) might comply anyways just to prevent some form of legal harassement from Apple. I'm sure that the forfeited revenue from Maxxus is not worth the trouble.

Hell, maybe Apple gave them a nice macbook pro if they stopped hosting him. I'm sure THAT's legal in Russia :)

The topic has been removed while we consider the legality of links to google's cache system containing patches etc. Maxxuss has posted a link to his blog which currently holds no illegal content and can be found at

Speak of the devil....the blog content changed. :)

If the blogs content changes this link will be removed.

Just wanted to post my 2 cents on Bandwidth usage (since i work for an ISP directly and I deal with installing the stuff)

He doesn't use bandwidth worth anything on his basic text site. And since he is linked outside his site for all his downloads they (shouldn't) be counted against his bandwidth usuage. (shouldn't being the key word) Now if he hosting on a free site then more than likely he is limited to probably around 10 MB a month (not much) but when your talking 50K text files then well that probably wasnt the cause.

Anyway, thats my two cents on bandwidth. (I know people who have had sites removed for content on Russian hosted sites, because the New Russian Republic is desperatly trying to get some help from the US and is not putting up fights against most of our rules and regulations on the Internet)

If you do not want links to maxxus site posted you should also remove urls to his host cause it took me 1 google and 2 seconds to find his site (which is down to me) with this information.

It's supposed to be easy to find ;)

Ok guys and gals, this forum was already shut down once for links to content in regards to maxxuss patches, one would think we should avoid all of those types of links, including links to other forums with the same information links. Post your guides and give hints to how to find the stuff, but I dont want to lose the forum again so maybe we should be a tad careful for awhile and just pay attention to the things we post.

(of course if the admins say I am wrong the whooo hoooo, lets get cracking and helping people out getting it running, otherwise, I hope we are all very careful with out postings.