maxxuss website down

enb14

114 posts in this topic

Also, the 302 is -not- there to just redirect. You can redirect with any status code with the Location: header. The correct status code would be 509 if I recall correctly. The host could be sending the wrong status code, but in my experience if they do send the wrong one, its usually sending 200 OK rather than an error code. It appears that the site has been removed in my opinion. As of posting this, it still does not work for me.

Oh, wait, now I understand what was said. Yeah, they could just be sending 302 with any of their custom error pages. I don't know.

Given that sites illegal under US law like allofmp3.com are allowed in Russia, his being shut down is odd. Then again, the Russian mafia probably pay someone off to keep that other site going. :)

Try that the DMCA doesn't apply, but money talks in quite a few places.

This is most likely apple offering maxxuss money (since they can't legally do anything to him) to remove the patches from the website, or maxxuss could be playing a neat little joke on all of you :)

And as for getting in trouble with the links, just goto the language filter and add the url as a bad word :)

You are assuming that (a) Maxxus is in fact not in the US, he may be in the US hosting outside the US, which would place him within the boundaries of the DMCA (and others). (:) that the .ru Serivce PRovider doesn't have a policy of complying with these requests, rather than to fight them © that the problem is in fact legal, which considering the exposure and volume of traffic, may be nothing more than a case of exceeding usage or ToS. and of course (d) that this is involuntary, which at this point no one has confirmed.

It happened Yesterday for a short time, but today I don´t now if is the same cause.

Yesterday I thought I was Apple and I was wrong, today .....

It happened Yesterday for a short time, but today I don´t now if is the same cause.

Yesterday I thought I was Apple and I was wrong, today .....

Maybe it happened yesterday.

I know with my computer, the firefox cache seems to go in and out. At times it will load a cached page, at random times decide to reload, and then next time I visit, load an even older cache. Very frustrating at times :P.

Of course, it could've gone out and came back.

As of now, I'm still getting the error 302 on telnet. *shrug*

So much drama.. Things to consider:

- Maxxuss has moved the site to another place. takes at least 12 on a FQD or at least 3 hrs if being sub-domain hosted

- If the DNS has changed, it takes at least 3hrs depending on domain propagation and registrar

Hello. I *think* it's all right to paste these URLs as they're no longer available.

EDIT by jchillerup:

Ok, fine. The links can't be here, even though they were disabled. The links were files hosted on rapidshare and mytempdir. And it specifically said that it was removed by the uploader.

Both links used to be the Maxxuss Anti-TPM crack, but now they're removed by the uploader. I'm kindda sure, Apple got Maxxuss.

Edited by jchillerup

So much drama.. Things to consider:

- Maxxuss has moved the site to another place. takes at least 12 on a FQD or at least 3 hrs if being sub-domain hosted

- If the DNS has changed, it takes at least 3hrs depending on domain propagation and registrar

Do you know why he changed hosts?

Just curious. Seemed to withstand a slashdotting or two, and was outside the US. Seemed great. ^.^