Solving USB problems; USB devices do not mount

LioNEXT

408 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Why my IDeneb 1.5.8 usb mouse cannot work ,however usb disk can work?

it is the info

Root <class IORegistryEntry>

1: UHCI Root Hub Simulation@1D <class IOUSBRootHubDevice>

1: EHCI Root Hub Simulation@1D,7 <class IOUSBRootHubDevice>

2: iPod@fd300000 <class IOUSBDevice>

1: UHCI Root Hub Simulation@1D,2 <class IOUSBRootHubDevice>

1: UHCI Root Hub Simulation@1D,1 <class IOUSBRootHubDevice>

2: IOUSBCompositeDevice@3d200000 <class IOUSBDevice>

i surffer this long time.

thanks!

• 1 month later...

hi,

not all of my usb ports worked till i installed IOPCIFamily.kext

now all of them working but SOMETIMES my usb pen drive or my nokia phone in data storage mode (basically a usb drive) not working.

sometimes i just have to re-plug but sometims re-boot needed.

vanilla 10.6.4

asus p5gc-mx1333 motherboard and i use a dsdt for that.

the same problem anyone?

• 3 months later...

Well, hello to everyone...it's been tough to read all these posts, No solution worked for me though.

iPhone is recognized under USB tab in System Profiler but nothing happens, it's not recognized in itunes or it doesn't even charges up.

So can anyone please provide me any solution?

Snow Leopard 10.6.7 software succesfully updated to 10.6.8

No problem in system.kext

Everything works fine except iPhone.

Other USB ports and devices work perfect.

What may be wrong?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

As a final contribution to this topic, I'd like to add a word of warning to people who have not been able to get the USB ports of their Hackintoshes to work properly, and to recognise external USB devices when they are plugged in. So far I've successfully installed OS 10.6.8 on an HP Compaq Presario, a Dell Inspiron 6400, and an HP dx2300. My latest challenge was to do so on a Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop, owned by a friend who wanted to experience the Mac environment, but who was a little short on cash to buy a genuine MacBook. Since I've had the best results from the iATKOS distribution, I installed 10.6.3 on the Toshiba, and it worked pretty well from the get-go. However, none of its 4 USB ports recognised external devices like memory sticks or hard drives, and this was put down to the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext not being loaded during boot, even though it was installed in /S/L/E. Wire and wireless mice worked fine, however, through any USB port. I spent hours trying to resolve the issue, including reading all the pages in this thread for possible clues, but to no avail. In desperation, I reinstalled Windows XP to check if the problem was there too. Sure enough, external USB devices were not recognised by XP either. The ports were not working because there was a mobo fault, impossible to repair. The owner has since revealed that she knew the ports weren't working, but thought that installing Mac OSX might fix them!! So, to state the obvious, if you're contemplating a Hackintosh, make sure the machine functions as intended as a PC beforehand. You'll certainly avoid the grief I've suffered!!

In conclusion, my friend has a nice laptop which now operates under 10.6.8, and has purchased some genuine Apple software to run on it. Only problem is she's forever prevented from using its USB interface.