Airlink 101 AWLL6080 wireless USB adapter

oracle100

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone get the Airlink 101 300N USB wireless adapter (AWLL6080) to work?

Got this for $18 at Fry's.

I installed the Ralink USB RT2870 driver from http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

It recognizes the router and signal strength is exellent (under the Ralink program) but does not show up on the Network under System Prefrences. Thus it cannot connect to the internet.

Any help is appreciated.

Never mind,

I found a driver from Ralink Chinese (Taiwanese???) site:

http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/..._2008_03_13.dmg

It worked perfectly!

Just install and reboot, it recognized it right away and automatically set its self up in the System Prefrences.

It's currently connecting at 270 to 280 Mbs. Pretty stinking fast!

Yey! :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Thanks for posting this. I bought one of these cards. For some reason, it is very slow! I installed the driver you provided in the link above. When I select a page, it hesitates, then the page comes up. It is much slower than my Netgear one that acts instantaneously. Too bad my Netgear one needs to be replugged several times for it to work otherwise that would be perfect. If anyone has ideas on speeding this up .. perhaps proxy? then I would try it.

UPDATE: I looked at my network system settings. Need to update the DNS settings. Not sure why they were set the way they were. Anyway ... now blazing fast and reliable!

Thanks! :mellow: Finally found a card that works reliably!

• 1 month later...

I have the same adapter, but when I connect it it does not show up in System Preferences.

I downloaded the same driver as Oracle100, and the included tool works great, but I can't find it in System Preferences.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Sorry first time poster, i am also having a problem using airlink awll6080 usb 300n wireless adpapter, i tried the posted driver but its not seen in network preferences. i am running 10.5.3, 945gct mobo, e2200 intel, 2gb ddr, onboard video and sound working. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and I did read extensively through the forums and searched google before i posted. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone gotten this to work with 10.6?

RALink has the latest driver for 10.6. However, it works intermittently. It drops my internet connection frequently and I have to go into the RALink Utility to Disable and then Reenable the Radio to reconnect every 10-15 minutes.

Has anyone gotten this to work with 10.6?

RALink has the latest driver for 10.6. However, it works intermittently. It drops my internet connection frequently and I have to go into the RALink Utility to Disable and then Reenable the Radio to reconnect every 10-15 minutes.

I have the same issue. It keeps dropping the connection. I don't know if it is after inactivity, or simply random, I can't tell. I am using 10.5.8 and the latest Ralink driver.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone get the Airlink 101 300N USB wireless adapter (AWLL6080) to work?

Got this for $18 at Fry's.

I installed the Ralink USB RT2870 driver from http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

its on sale today for $9.99 at meritline, i just bought one so hopefully it works ok. worth a shot for $10 but i will be slightly frustrated if i have to reset the conection every 15 minutes. will report back how well it works on my retail 10.5.6 install (EP45-UD3P Core 2 Quad)

http://www.meritline.com/dailydeals.aspx