Ati Radeon Xpress 1100-1150driver?

plyrath

4 posts in this topic

Ok i have a Ati radeon xpress 1150 chip in my laptop does anybody have a driver for this. Or for any of the ati radeon xpress 1100 series? it uses a program called catalyst.Anybody im stuck with no graphics power.omg please anybody?somebody reply!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok you are not alone...but if you surch web you will find that there is a driver but I can't get-it to work I tried leopard and I think is no good so I returned to tiger 10.4.10 which is not having the pause moments that you don't get eni move entail you move the mouse or pres eny key...so the driver name is callisto...but there is no hardwere acceleration only resolution modes..... if I find enithing and if I can mutate eny driver I'l inform you... bye!

No such driver exists, and it probably never will. Sorry. You'll have to put up with VESA mode or get a supported graphics card (assuming this is a desktop. If it's a laptop, you're stuffed.)

Search for XPRESS 200 (which is essentially the same chip) to see other users' experiences and their plight to find a driver.

You might be able to use Callisto to get a framebuffer at the correct resolution, though it will still be unaccelerated.