Linksys WUSB54G USB Driver for 10.5.1¿?

nahua

5 posts in this topic

ive been hours searching for something to work with this... and cant make it work!!!!

does somebody over there know were to download the driver ¿?

its Linksys WUSB54G USB Driver for 10.5.1 (leopard)

thanks

ty.. i have to put thoe scripts on the terminal¿? or wheres the Automator¿?whats the SSIDs?thanks!Ill put more information so it will be much easir to help me and see what im doing wrong.my USB WIFI adapter is a WUSB54G with ralink chipset RT2500 as I read in other posts. so i downloaded this: USB(RT257x/RT2671)from here: http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/Home/Support/Macintosh.htmlI have windows XP and Leopard with dual boot... the Mac x version is 10.5.1 .. i never used this X versions of mac.. i used to use 9.x.... when i used mac.. so i have no idea of terminal or that.. but i could make this work (withuut wifi xD).what i do try my WIFI adapter work:i double click on the downloaded file... i instal the package.. i reboot.... but no pop up appears :) it should appear something¿?if i go to "about this mac"->"more info" i can see the wireless adapter in the USB part.if i go to "network" i put the IP and that.. but nothing happens i dont know what im doing bad.. obviosuly something of terminal maybe? some scripts? maybe at network?anyways if someone wants to help me i can attach some photos about what im doing so u can see what im doing bad!thanks.

nahua and rhyguy,

i've been trying to get my linksys wusb54g adapter to connect and i too have the same problem :| . i can "see" the usb adapter in the system profiler display with the proper attributes. i got the product (000d) and vendor (13b1) ids from windows xp pro and my adapter works perfect in windows.

after i installed the latest package from the ralinkteck web site, the install seems to complete normally. when i reboot i can find the ralink application in the application folder where it should be. but when i plug in the linksys adapter nothing happens :) . after i launch the ralink usbwirelessutility it displays: "no devices !!!" :) . when i use the utilities network utility only en0 and fw0 appear. en1, which is defined correctly in the /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/networkpreferences.plist, does not appear.

i've been all over the various forums and can't seem to find anything that will help. i've edited some the .plist files that seem to be "central' to this confguration and everything "appears" to be OK.

would you have any suggestion ?

many thanks and have a great day !!

nahua and rhyguy,

I have an update that may help.

There was a post in another forum that helped me find that I had a permission problem with the RT2500USBWirelessDriver.kext folder. Once I got that fixed the RT2500USBWirelessDriver.kext driver load successfully :(

So now in the System Preferences Network application I was able to configure the WUSB45G adapter as en1 and bingo - I was connected. But after a bit of snooping I found out that my adapter was connectiing to an open Linksys router in my area - not my router; the dhcp assigned ip addresses were not from my router.

So I launched the Ralink USBWirelessUtility to configure my adapter. The trouble is that the application always displays "No Device !!!" and no matter what I try to do I can not get this application to work :huh:

I also found that there should be 4 .Plist files in my ~/Library/Preferences folder but they are not there :wacko: They are:

• ~/Library/Preferences/AdvancedProfileSetting.plist

• ~/Library/Preferences/ActiveProfileSetting.plist

• ~/Library/Preferences/Profile.plist

• ~/Library/Preferences/com.Ralink.RaConfig.plist

I wonder if this could be part of my problem ?

If you have any ideas or suggestions I certainly would appreciate any input.

Many thanks,