Is there a way

11 posts in this topic

Okay, I know there are 1 or 2 compilers out there that compile cross platform, but I want to know if there is an easy one. Or, if I have developed a program using Microsoft's Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, if there is a way to compile it using a Hackintosh computer

Well he was asking about making Mac apps on Windows, not the other way around, Headrush.

I'm not so sure about this one... depends on what kind of API (Cocoa, etc). If you don't care what API it is, use RealBASIC. On linux, you can use GNUStep.

I also don't see the point of this, developing Mac apps on Windows would be challenging, as you couldn't really debug them in a native environment (even closs-platform RealBASIC can have some issues).

Well he was asking about making Mac apps on Windows, not the other way around, Headrush.

Saw the "if I developed with Visual C++" and assumed he was making a Windows based program and wanted to continue making them in OS X. (For work maybe ;) )

I suppose you could base the app on Qt 4.x since it is natively supported on OS X now. (For the most part)

I have used realBasic, but that is expensive. It does what needs to be done, but I cannot afford to pay that much, this is just a hobby, not a job.

I have also Tried QT, but I haven't been able to successfully cross-compile with it. Also, I like the idea of the gui designing, and not the command-line designing that VisualC++, and VBasic have

Expensive? There are always other means of obtaining it.

I personally have never used QT, although I hear it's "ok." For starters, I would just get a Mac… assuming you don't have one. Why would you develop Mac software if you haven't access to one?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any ideas? I am currently using KBasic. It is a multi-platform software that is available for mac and windows. It uses the same syntax, so all I have to do is write it on windows, and bring it over to mac. There are 2 problems though, first, I want to be able to be on Windows, and make a Mac binary because that is most convenient, second, there is currently a problem with the mac compiler that needs to be fixed (IT will be soon though)