External Display Issue

kazak21

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have a compaq lappy with osx86 installed. Ok here the issue. I have a Samsung LCD TV with VGA input. Usually I just plug it in and it will mirror my laptop, had set it to mirror the 1st time round i plugged it in, but today I went to play around with the resolutions and refresh rate for that display and now I screwed up the setup. Somehow even after I restart and off/on my TV it still remains the same. I think leopards remembers my TV setup. I need to know if there is a way to delete that display from my system so that I can so call reset it. Any help would be most appreciated. I really dun wanna re-install leopard again. Thanks.

Hi,

Did the refresh rate get messed up, and make both dosplays unuseable? If so I have the same issue. I have found that mine always messes up when I plun it in hot. If I plug in before I boot it will work unless I hit mirror display. If I do that it messes up, and I have the same issue you have.

Please, someone must know how to reset the display.

Kenny

BTW, What model MacPaq do you have?

Hi my model is V3136TU. Yeah I played around with the resolution and refresh rate and now whenever I plug in the VGA cable, both displays have many white lines running vertically. I have been wondering if deleting all the colour profiles in the coloursync folder would help. But I'm afraid that it might screw something else up.

Btw nice to see another compaq laptop user. :)

• 2 months later...