NVinstaller geforce8600

Dabrorius

6 posts in this topic

Hi

im new to osx86 so I need some help :P

i managed to get internet working but cant get graphic card to work properly

i downloaded NVInstallerV.34.pkg and tried running it but nothing happens

so should i run it from terminal or something?

I know its probably dumb question but I just cant figure it out :P

Well I have almost the same Graphics as you (8600GT). I installed iAtkos V1.0i R2, used the combo update to 10.5.2. Then I used the NVinstaller v.41: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

Don't use the DVI output, in stead use the VGA output. Don't mind about your boot, it looks like it's hanging, but it isn't. Just wait a couple minutes and you should be up and running :)

i got 8600GT too just didnt think GT part was important :huh:

i tried with NVinstaller v.41 but same thing happens, i click on it the "explodin icon" effect happens like its starting but nothing happens

im not sure what version of OSX i have, I downloaded it while ago

ill try by downloading iatkos

• 4 weeks later...

I have booting problem with my Biostar 8600GTS in Leo4All v2 after installing NVinstall v.41 .33, Nvidia Installer V1.9 2.0 etc... when i run DPCIManager I get "error unknown device" but other devices shows no error. so maybe there is more to this problem right?

my Biostar has no VGA out, just 2 DVI out so i use an adapter to connect to it.

Sorry I am a newbie in osx86 scene, seems like evrytime i run warcraft 3 i get error with openGL so game doesnt launch.

any help is greatly appreciated

I have got the same problem with 8600GT and Kalyway. NVingect (not sure about the version) did not have any affect and after installing NVinstall v.41 I was unable to boot, it was just restarting at some point. Furthemore, when I tried to reinstall the OS, my hard drive partition was marked as "Unwritable" (just as it was an NTFS one), and WinXP, installed on an other partition was not booting also, returning "NTLDR was not found". This issue almost certainly has nothing to do with graphic card, but still appeared for the first time after NVInstall...

So if somebody has managed to make it work, please, give advice.

Well I have almost the same Graphics as you (8600GT). I installed iAtkos V1.0i R2, used the combo update to 10.5.2. Then I used the NVinstaller v.41: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

Don't use the DVI output, in stead use the VGA output. Don't mind about your boot, it looks like it's hanging, but it isn't. Just wait a couple minutes and you should be up and running :P

Hi Webster, I have just posted about the 'black screen' on a 7300LE and 8600 has any anyone reported that it is fixed? if so how? thanks