What do you think of the MacBook Air?

What do you think of the MacBook Air?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the MacBook Air

• I think the MacBook Air is Bad

28 posts in this topic

I got to play with one last weekend. Buddy of mine went to Cancun and left it with me to play with.

Observations:

-The display is absolutely beautiful. One of the best I've ever seen on a laptop.

-It runs about as fast a walrus snot on a glacier. My T60 hackie feels like a super computer after using it.

-No ethernet port??? wtf? No Firewire... not even a mini FW??? You want me to image this sucker over Wifi or USB? :D

-It's kind light and tippy. I almost dropped it a few time while sitting on the couch surfing.

-Beautifully made. It's like a little piece of jewelry.

Would I buy one? Not on a bet. This is totally a yuppie status toy for people without jobs. :P

Have you seen the disassembly on iFixit? The mainboard looks like an elongated Mini board with soldered onboard ram and cpu. Very simple board, and not very impressive for a machine that cost that much. It's not like they used some newly released super expensive miniaturized components, all the stuff in there has been around for years. Plus, if the Mini can have Firewire on its tiny mobo this thing can. How hard would it have been to make the flip down port tray a tiny bit longer so there could be a mini Firewire jack? ...and I'm sorry, but for $1800 bucks they can include the freakin' USB>Ethernet adaptor in the flippin' box instead of bleeding another thirty bucks out of you. Thing is a total ripoff.