Eddie11c's Leo4Allv2: PPF 2 Discussion Thread (Latest release) / 10.5.2

WinLinMac01

223 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Leo4all and it runs smoothly in my pc. Then when patches arrive. I integrate it with Leo4all v1 and Leo4all v2 to solve the finder problem. After the installation my computer freezes...

Do you have an idea what happens to my computer? How to fix this problem?

Hello eddie11c!

Thank you again for this release.

It works well on my P5B Deluxe with Core2Duo like the first version, but the EFI-Boot (MBR) install don't work for me. I have a MBR disk with 2 other NTFS partitions on it, i boot it with grub. After the install i only can boot with the boot_v8 file, otherwise i get a chainloader error.

It is possible, to paste the patched IO82011faniliy.kext of 10.4.8 for Atheros WLAN Cards with AR5212 chipset? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=40317.

F-Didi

The installer will not override a bootloader if it already exists. All you need to do is change your grub menu.lst to boot the partition that OS X is installed on.

An example of an entry in the menu.lst would be:

title Mac OS X
rootnoverify (hd0,1)
makeactive
chainloader +1

Where the rootnoverify command loads hd0 partition 1.

Hi Dense!

My Leo is on the first partition of the second HD, grub is on a logical partition on the first HD. I always take the same partition for Leo, i haven't change the grub menu, it's always like this:

title Mac OS X

root(hd1,0)

makeactive

chainloader +1

If i install EFI manually or install Kalyway with the option "boot_efi_mbr" on, the boot is o.k.

But if i install Leo4All i get an error, that the filesystem is not recognized, the filesystem type should be 0xaf.

Should i change the entry in grub from "root" to "rootnoverify"?

F-Didi

Hi Dense!

My Leo is on the first partition of the second HD, grub is on a logical partition on the first HD. I always take the same partition for Leo, i haven't change the grub menu, it's always like this:

title Mac OS X

root(hd1,0)

makeactive

chainloader +1

If i install EFI manually or install Kalyway with the option "boot_efi_mbr" on, the boot is o.k.

But if i install Leo4All i get an error, that the filesystem is not recognized, the filesystem type should be 0xaf.

F-Didi

Absolutely. That is the problem.

I'd also confirm the partition scheme used on the OS X HD (use disk utility in the installer to make sure it really is MBR). Also if it is MBR use fdisk -d to dump the partition table and confirm the partition is type AF.

Thanks for this release. Here's the problem I have: I'm running a Santa Rosa-based Dell 1720 laptop (with x3100) and after I install, every time I reboot I have to start with the -f option, otherwise the keyboard and trackpad don't respond. I have to shut it off and restart using that -f switch in order for them to work.

I have exactly the same problem. Is this issue Dell-related? I am running an Inspiron E1505/6400.

Any suggestions for a workaround?

I have exactly the same problem. Is this issue Dell-related? I am running an Inspiron E1505/6400.

Until I can figure out the problem just boot with -f, it will only take 10 seconds longer to boot max.

The same with me. It works on mine too, however, with the same hard drive.

Hi Dense!

title Mac OS X

root(hd1,0)

makeactive

chainloader +1

F-Didi

Downloaded the new iso last night from the Bay. Installed today, went on like a dream. Booted right up,

absolutely no problems at all.

motherboard: Winfast NF4SK8AA

cpu : AMD64 4000

graphics : Ati X600

hard drive : Maxtor ide

memory : Corsair 1.5gigs

Great work eddie !

Absolutely. That is the problem.

I'd also confirm the partition scheme used on the OS X HD (use disk utility in the installer to make sure it really is MBR). Also if it is MBR use fdisk -d to dump the partition table and confirm the partition is type AF.

I tried it with "rootnoverify" in grub but it didn't work again.

I made sure, that the partition scheme is MBR in disk utility and use fdisk -d in terminal, but after install the same error. -_-

But:

I made an own Leo release with OSx86Patcher (http://aquamac.proboards106.com/?board=hac...=496&page=1) and this installs automatically the correct EFI and the reboot after install worked!

I would prefer the Leo4All because it has AMD and german language support during install and in the installed Leo.

What are the differents between the loaders?

I think, both are from you Dense?

I tried it with "rootnoverify" in grub but it didn't work again.

I made sure, that the partition scheme is MBR in disk utility and use fdisk -d in terminal, but after install the same error. -_-

But:

I made an own Leo release with OSx86Patcher (http://aquamac.proboards106.com/?board=hac...=496&page=1) and this installs automatically the correct EFI and the reboot after install worked!

I would prefer the Leo4All because it has AMD and german language support during install and in the installed Leo.

What are the differents between the loaders?

I think, both are from you Dense?

The v6 bootloader in Ritalin's release is identical to the one in Leo4All.

If you are getting a partition error can you please confirm that fdisk -d shows the OS X partition as type AF and not something else.

On how to apply an update to a PPF file:

If you are in windows use ppfomatic

For Mac, use Gumby 50c and choose the PPF option, and Enjoy! =)

What's available for Linux? This patch is version 3 and the only programs I've found thus far support only versions 1 and 2.

TIA..

What's available for Linux? This patch is version 3 and the only programs I've found thus far support only versions 1 and 2.

TIA..

Google applyppf, you'll find something for linux.

TIA..

What do you mean version 3? The latest Leo ppf patch is version 2.

every time I reboot I have to start with the -f option, otherwise the keyboard and trackpad don't respond.

I also have same problem. I am using DELL D630.

thanks

About the v2 PPF update... my older Dimension 8400 is running OK with only PPFv1 which I installed the other day. eddie, you say upping to PPFv2 isn't worth it if everything is working OK. It is for the most part, except the System Profiler doesn't work at all. It just crashes every time I go to "About This Mac" and click on "More Info...".

Are there specific kexts from a PPFv2 disc that I could just copy over to my running system to fix the system profiler? I have got the machine to a point where re-installing from scratch would be a major pain in the neck. Thanks!

What do you mean version 3? The latest Leo ppf patch is version 2.

I think he means the actual PPF file version. PPF-O-Matic supports PPF files of versions 1, 2, 3. What he has available won't handle a v3 patch.

What files do I need from the patched PPF v2 iso in order to make the system profiler work on my Leo4All + PPF v1 machine? I have all Intel, no VIA at all, and I really don't want to install from scratch if I can help it.

im downloading the patch now, is there a certain way to install the patch to assure proper working and also does that patch have the same updates as the full .iso

You can apply the patches to the ISO, and in the end they will be identical. Just make a backup of the original ISO before patching and always check the MD5 checksum after to be sure its correct.