nvidia 7150m/mcp67m

martinleonard

29 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hello to all i have your solution for NIVIDIA 7150m for quartz extreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got to this site and download it!

http://######.com/index.php?option=...9&Itemid=48

WARNING!do not take the ui installer out of its package or it will resault in kernal panic

select the graphics card you prefer then hit add string it supports over 50 graphics cards!

• 3 weeks later...
hello to all i have your solution for NIVIDIA 7150m for quartz extreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got to this site and download it!

http://######.com/index.php?option=...9&Itemid=48

WARNING!do not take the ui installer out of its package or it will resault in kernal panic

select the graphics card you prefer then hit add string it supports over 50 graphics cards!

Could you please explain what you mean by "do not take the ui installer out of its package." Further more what kexts did you have to get this working? Did you use an injector or just the nvidia kexts or both?

Hi,

I have been trying to get the Geforce 7150m to work for about a week, to say the least its very frustrating.

I have tried everything to get it working and tried this driver as well.

I did not work for me it crashed the whole of Leaopard and could only boot in safe mode.

So please please please make a driver for this gfx!

Thankyou

I have been in contact with mdwmgw who said early in this post that the 7150m would work with quartz extreme by using efi strings found on UInstaller. However, what I can't get him to tell me is what graphics related kexts did he have preinstalled before he us UInstaller or if he had modified any kexts. I will try email him/her again to see if they will respond and then I will post the email here.

I have been in contact with mdwmgw who said early in this post that the 7150m would work with quartz extreme by using efi strings found on UInstaller. However, what I can't get him to tell me is what graphics related kexts did he have preinstalled before he us UInstaller or if he had modified any kexts. I will try email him/her again to see if they will respond and then I will post the email here.

Hi jocamiah,

Have you been in touch with this guy who claims to have the gfx working?

Hi jocamiah,

Have you been in touch with this guy who claims to have the gfx working?

Yep I have and he has answered me finally. I have not had time to test his method yet. I promise to post the results as soon as I can.

From what I gather the gist of it is to modify your Nvidia and GeForce kexts with your device id. Make sure your device id is the only one and delete all others. Repair Permissions. Reboot. Select -f -v as your boot options. If you get a Kernel panic then just reboot and try again. Same boot options. Do this until you get booted up. Then, use UInstaller by ######.com. Deselect every thing except the video efi strings option. Select 7150 with the corresponding memory. Select install. Once it's done, Reboot and cross you fingers. Again I have not tested it yet so proceed at your own risk. Back up every thing and make sure you know how to remove the Nvidia kexts if need be.

It's been about a week, have you had any luck with the process?

@mdwmgw:

could we get a screenshot of your setup showing this working?

It's a no go guys and gals. Sorry to get your hopes up. I am not sure what mdwmgw did differently, but I followed the instruction he/she gave me and it still did not work. Maybe he can post his kext files here to download.

i've a similar one, i.e 7000M nvidia.

any help on how to get leopard detect this display card would be great!

tried all options so far, but in vain.

Off late i noted, nvdarwin kext contains the device id for this card, i.e. 0x053310de.

Then i tried modifying geforce.kext and the nvhalXXX.kext, but boot freezes. Tried EFI string way, but boot freezes.

Please help!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i try the Nvdarwin Installer 1.2.5 (google it)... that one recognice the board but no quartz... he say incompatible... :)

i hope somebody make a driver for this kind of cards to put graphics at full...

(sorry my english)

• 3 months later...