Acer Laptop's and Intel High Definition Audio Section

Espionage724

65 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got it to work! I used the ALC883 Kext's from this site: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=99815

It gives me like 3 Internal speakers but at least one of them work!!!!

Havent tested mic or anything but I assume they work!!!!!

And for unrealted news, I got my ethernet working also!!

So insanely awesome! Now all my hardware works great!

Here they are. You need to either drag them into /System/Library/Extensions or use KextHelper. I perfer KextHelper because it repairs them automatically.

It added 3 Internal Speakers to my output list but the first one worked fine for me. My speakers wouldn't work before without this so hopefully this will help anyone with my laptop model and others :)I haven't tested Input devices yet but i just assume they work fine.

EDIT: Here's KextHelper also

• 5 months later...

here is the solution to all problems. if you have an ALC883 and cant get both internal speakers and headphone/mic ports to work all at once, download these files. install the ALC883Audio package. restart after its installed. you should have working headphones, but no speakers. after you've restarted, run Hext Helper and drag the AppleHDA.kext into kext helper, type your password, and hit Install. restart again, and you should have internal speakers + headphone port working.

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

Kext_Helper___Kext.zip

I have an Acer 5220 with ALC268 Codec. Input/Output works great exept for when I put laptop to sleep and wake it up again, the volume is very low on Headphones... Anyone a solution?

i dont know a solution for that, but i have a question for you. how did you get sleep working on your acer? ive tried sleep kernels that work on my desktop, but when i try to put my laptop to sleep, it turns black and never actually shuts down. at which point it wont turn on either and i have to restart it

• 9 months later...

i experienced the same problem on my aspire5570Z, my only hope is to wait for ideneb 10.5.7 release, hoping that this problem will be resolved. but if i could do something other than waiting for the 10.7 release ill do it, pls send me your driver and i will do the same thing. pls pls pls. email ginnocard@yahoo.com thanks to GOD!