FINALLY WORKS! Ati x1600 71c2 QE+CI with 10.5.2+graphic update

dionysossss

71 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

TYTYTYTYTYYTYT xD

This works Perfect!

I LOVE MAC!!!!!

wasting huge amount of time finally I can achieve to work ati x1600 pcie after 10.5.2 + leopard graphic update.

In the attachment you can find kexts. just copy these kexts to extensions folder and run the Extensions-Repair software which is included in the zip file and restart. you'll get QE+CI+Rotation. I don't know about DVI or dual screen.

this solution depends on modbin's method. for original topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...33&hl=x1650

I opened modbin's .pkg file with pacifist and edit (text+hex) all kexts to 71c2 instead original one 71c6.

you can download kexts for 71c2 from http://rapidshare.com/files/101604961/dion...0_71c2.zip.html

good luck

I hope you'll solve the problem

and maybe for 71c1 http://rapidshare.com/files/102875750/dion...0_71c1.zip.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dionysossss and everyone :rolleyes:

Thanks for your how-to guide to make my x1600 pro working on hackintosh,

That was pretty amaging.

And last week I found the other way to get my card working with DVI support finally.

Here you can download what i'm using.

http://rapidshare.com/files/144119210/X160...y___.zip.htmlIt will give you a perfect result for your X1600 pro 256 (71c2) on both 10.5.1 & 10.5.2

But there is a problem.

It works on 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 but it doesn't work on 10.5.3(4).

I've tried different combinations of kexts but it doesn't work still

So if someone could moddify those kexts for 10.5.3 or later, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

ARTIFACTS in 2d&3d. they are killing me!!!!

ati radeon x1600 PCI on asus p5w-dh-deluxe in kalyway 10.5.2 with graphic update.

with these kexts installed both CI & QE are working, but are not usable because of artifacts.

can you guys please help me? i've set up all the hardware - everithing else works perfectly, the greater it makes me weep..

any help/ideas would be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just update to 10.5.6 - got QE & Rotation supported.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=40634

Copy & replace files in /System/Library/Extensions/ use Extensions-Repair.app in zip to repair permitions, reboot.

need to send BIG REGARDS to Modbis, Kozlowski, Blackb and many more who showed me how to do this.

Got 1 Q? does any body can wake from sleep? It seems to work for me, but monitor stays off. Will this be a problem with my graphic card drivers? Please send me msg. THANKS

Fixed, just plug monitor to the 2. port. everything working now. Merry christmazzzzzzz.

• 5 weeks later...
Just update to 10.5.6 - got QE & Rotation supported.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=40634

Copy & replace files in /System/Library/Extensions/ use Extensions-Repair.app in zip to repair permitions, reboot.

need to send BIG REGARDS to Modbis, Kozlowski, Blackb and many more who showed me how to do this.

Got 1 Q? does any body can wake from sleep? It seems to work for me, but monitor stays off. Will this be a problem with my graphic card drivers? Please send me msg. THANKS

Fixed, just plug monitor to the 2. port. everything working now. Merry christmazzzzzzz.

hey, mate! could you please upload all of the files about 1600 from your ext folder? tried using those you've attached and failed. thnxxx

ps: using 10.5.6

• 2 weeks later...

these kexts dont work with the new update 10.5.6.... well you dont get QE. Please help i have ati x1600 71c2 pci-e. It use to work with 10.5.1 and .2. but not with 10.5.6. i get no QE!!!! please, is thier any solution...i am losing hope :) .

these kexts dont work with the new update 10.5.6.... well you dont get QE. Please help i have ati x1600 71c2 pci-e. It use to work with 10.5.1 and .2. but not with 10.5.6. i get no QE!!!! please, is thier any solution...i am losing hope :P .

After hours of fooling around with all kinds of drivers I found on the web for x1600 pro, I got 10.5.6 with QE & CI even GL working.

What I got:

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 + Official 10.5.6 combo update (directly update from 10.5.2 ->10.5.6) on GUID partition.

ASUS ATI x1600 pro 512Mb PCIe (71c2 1002) with one VGA one DVI

ASUS Rampage Formula + QX9450 + 4Gb ram

What you need:

1. UInstaller_1.2

2. OSX86Tools

That's it! No need for any other 3rd party driver!!!

What I have done:

1. remove all ATI* including ATIinjection.

2. install the official 10.5.6 combo update downloaded from Apple web site.

3. After the update finnished, DO NOT restart yet, run UInstaller and check everything except setting the Graphic EFI string.

4. Run OSX86Tools and enable the GL.

5. reboot (you meight experience once or twice auto reboot with a blank screen, leave it and let it reboot by itself.)

I got a fully working system with vanilla kernel, fast and stable than ever!

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Barry from Taiwan.

• 2 weeks later...
After hours of fooling around with all kinds of drivers I found on the web for x1600 pro, I got 10.5.6 with QE & CI even GL working.

What I got:

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 + Official 10.5.6 combo update (directly update from 10.5.2 ->10.5.6) on GUID partition.

ASUS ATI x1600 pro 512Mb PCIe (71c2 1002) with one VGA one DVI

ASUS Rampage Formula + QX9450 + 4Gb ram

What you need:

1. UInstaller_1.2

2. OSX86Tools

That's it! No need for any other 3rd party driver!!!

What I have done:

1. remove all ATI* including ATIinjection.

2. install the official 10.5.6 combo update downloaded from Apple web site.

3. After the update finnished, DO NOT restart yet, run UInstaller and check everything except setting the Graphic EFI string.

4. Run OSX86Tools and enable the GL.

5. reboot (you meight experience once or twice auto reboot with a blank screen, leave it and let it reboot by itself.)

I got a fully working system with vanilla kernel, fast and stable than ever!

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Barry from Taiwan.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i have 10.5.2 leo4all and when i installed the kexts and rebooted it took me to a black screen and i cant do anything else

i have an ati 1600 pro 7c2

any help please

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...