FINALLY WORKS! Ati x1600 71c2 QE+CI with 10.5.2+graphic update

dionysossss

71 posts in this topic

wasting huge amount of time finally I can achieve to work ati x1600 pcie after 10.5.2 + leopard graphic update.

In the attachment you can find kexts. just copy these kexts to extensions folder and run the Extensions-Repair software which is included in the zip file and restart. you'll get QE+CI+Rotation. I don't know about DVI or dual screen.

this solution depends on modbin's method. for original topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...33&hl=x1650

I opened modbin's .pkg file with pacifist and edit (text+hex) all kexts to 71c2 instead original one 71c6.

you can download kexts for 71c2 from http://rapidshare.com/files/101604961/dion...0_71c2.zip.html

good luck

I hope you'll solve the problem

and maybe for 71c1 http://rapidshare.com/files/102875750/dion...0_71c1.zip.html

while I was editing kexts I forgot to change device name haha :unsure: . Now I have x1650 instead of x1600.

but who cares everything works perfect

:(

this is what system profiler says about my x1600 garphic card

ATY,RadeonX1650:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1650

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

dionysys,

I'm trying to edit your kexts from 71c2 to 71c1 for my x1650pro 512DDR2.

When I get right down to the kexts, all I get is garble in the text editor (vi). Am I missing something or could you possible provide the path of the files you're editing ? I've only found once instance of 71c2 in HEX and it was in ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Thanks very much

Tony

[edit: answered my own question here, sorry - I'll let you know how it works out]

After loading a '71c1-modified' ATIRadeonX1000.kext and resetting permissions, I lost video. Then on reboot, I was getting kernel panic, so I removed the kext and rebooted.

Is there something I'm missing here maybe? Are you just editing HEX in the key string portion of the text files, or actually editing the root extension HEX?

Do I need to install every kext in your archive?

If you have a free moment, would you be able to upload a 71c1-modded set?

Thanks very much

Thank you so much, Dionysos - I appreciate it.

Hi Bombino

Now I am working at the university and very busy. I could not help you in this moment.

Please wait I'll try to make a solution for 71c1. I hope It will be ready 12-14 hours later.

hi again bombino

I edited all kexts for 71c1. Please try method and give a feedback. I hope it will work but I am not sure.

just download files and copy them to extensions folder. after that run extensions repair program and restart.

good luck

link for ati 1650 c171 http://rapidshare.com/files/102875750/dion...0_71c1.zip.html

Thanks a lot! Works like a charm for me. I have a AMD 4000+ (Single Core) with Radeon 1600 on a ASUS motherboard (VIA chipset). Installed Leo4All v2. After apply your new driver, the Radeon 1600 was recognized correctly and all effects were enabled!

you're welcome vanc. I feel meyself better when I hear my method is working.

Bombino I am sorry, I hoped it will work.

which leopard version do you use. It is only tested on Leo4all ppfv1 10.5.2(with leopard graphic update) at least for me.

I did similar edits for 71c1 like 71c2.

maybe it is better to look this topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...33&hl=x1650

because my method depends on the mobdins installer. I didn't invent new thing. I only opened mobdin's package and edited it for 71c2 and 71c1.

I think you should make a contact with mobdin. I hope mobdin will help you better than me.

good luck

Hi all! :D

I have problems getting a Radeon X1600, device id 71CD to work. After I first installed Leo4All I could change my res. but No Quartz Extreme and the likes.

After fidling around with different methods I just cannot get it to work. I saw a lot of others having a card with ids 71c2 having succeeded however. Does anyone else have ideas of what I can try?

Or is there simply not a driver for this specific type provided with OSx?

Thanx a lot in advance for sharing your experience/thoughts! :D

I´m planning to flash the card to a type that has success. I´m now only trying to find out which other card (dev. id) has about the same specs as mine so I can search for that BIOS to flash and get the card with QE and all working..

My card specs:

- Dev. Id: 71cD

- X1600 Pro PCI-E 256M DDR2

- Clocks: Core: 500 MHz, Mem: 396 MHz

Any ideas?

Maybe even a website with specifications of the x1600 series so I can compare them? Couldnt find it myself.

Thx a lot in advance ;)

I´m planning to flash the card to a type that has success. I´m now only trying to find out which other card (dev. id) has about the same specs as mine so I can search for that BIOS to flash and get the card with QE and all working..

My card specs:

- Dev. Id: 71cD

- X1600 Pro PCI-E 256M DDR2

- Clocks: Core: 500 MHz, Mem: 396 MHz

Any ideas?

Maybe even a website with specifications of the x1600 series so I can compare them? Couldnt find it myself.

Thx a lot in advance :P

TomsHardware :) just look for "VGA Charts"

TomsHardware ;) just look for "VGA Charts"

Thanks for your help man ;)

I downloaded a 71c2 BIOS from TechPowerUp (intending to use the above posted kexts) and flashed my card... but despite it also said 71c2 in the ATIFlash info - now it became a 71c7! (X1650 Pro 256M) :s

All works ok in windows but I still cannot use the above posted kexts..

Could someone please post their 71c2 bios for me? :)

In the meanwhile I´m reading up on EFI-Gfx if that could be another possible (better) solution. As I understand besides altering the ....boot.plist I also have to still add and edit a file called ATYInject.kext which I cannot seem find anywhere (only included in the Kalyway release?).

Makes me also wonder what the advantage of this EFI-Gfx road is..

I´ll keep you posted of any progress.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx Alot Man, i was really frustrated about my card, but i installed ur kext rebooted and all the cool features enabled :D, thanx again man

my card is

Sapphire x1650PRO 512MB DDR2

I had almost given up on this card, but thanx to you :), it is working now at full speed

Now i'm gonna go for quadruple boot, with xp, vista, leopard and ubuntu, will post the tutorial if i get it to work:P, thanx again