doom 3

curlyboy

22 posts in this topic

well I downloaded a full version I found at usenext.com, sorry have to use a windows pc to use usenext, I joined for $32,00USC/Month and can download 100GB, still cheaper than buying the DOOM Game retail, and still can download other things anyway after installing the dmg file on my iMac, which I burned to a dvd using toast, it asked for a cd key, so I searched the web, and in astalavista.com I found several PC keys with the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX, well the Mac format is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX, so I removed all the dashes from the first four sets and replaced the dash on the last with a space, and it worked, DOOM loaded on my iMac without any problems and working rather well.....

Nice one m8 hehe just need to dload it from somewhere myself so i can give it bash

plays very well under my windows install cant wait to try it on my 10.4.4 install tho

Doesn't run on my "PC" (quit while loading, it may have some problems because of ATI drivers or simply OpenAL support, I don't know) while the demo worked with my Radeon 9800 pro on 10.4.4.

Btw, the non patched full version doesn't work on Rosetta either.... Weird

1.1cr*ed (anti-dvd) works under 'translate' in 10.4.4. :) really fast, for my eyes. man, imagine running this crappy but graphicblown game in pearpc. 'translate' is really, really fast. got 2-3 images/sec in 800x600 high on GMA900. not a single breakdown, even some other apps running in background.

1.3a intel has a dvd check. in other words: even if you get a serial, the intel-game doesnt open. someone found something somewhere?

1.1cr*ed (anti-dvd) works under 'translate' in 10.4.4. :P really fast, for my eyes. man, imagine running this crappy but graphicblown game in pearpc. 'translate' is really, really fast. got 2-3 images/sec in 800x600 high on GMA900. not a single breakdown, even some other apps running in background.

1.3a intel has a dvd check. in other words: even if you get a serial, the intel-game doesnt open. someone found something somewhere?

Yes, it does need a crack to run... Or you might be able to burn it.

DOOM3 works just need to burn the game into a CD named "DOOM 3" then keep pressed the command control ull have a menu and choice windowed mode 1024 or what u want

running perfectly :)

just openal needed to get sound and openal isnt stable :pirate2:

DOOM3 works just need to burn the game into a CD named "DOOM 3" then keep pressed the command control ull have a menu and choice windowed mode 1024 or what u want

running perfectly :)

just openal needed to get sound and openal isnt stable :D

Anyway you can expain that a bit? My intel imac wont open the doom 3 unibin. i dont have a dvd to put into the drive but have mounted the disk image on the desktop.

Anyway you can expain that a bit? My intel imac wont open the doom 3 unibin. i dont have a dvd to put into the drive but have mounted the disk image on the desktop.

The trick is to burn a blank (or a full one, whatever) CDR (or DVDR) with the volume label name "Doom 3" (without the quotes).

Just put that now burnt disc into your DVDROM drive, and launch the game, it'll be fine.

For non-imac users, and for ATI users, hold the COMMAND key to change to Windowed (Fullscreen won't work, since the ATI drivers aren't fully working).

Enjoy !

Thanks cyclonefr it's fully working now, the only problem that I found is that it doesn't works like the windows version, the gamesaves are not saved in the game folder, instead are saved into a mac folder depending of your user but apart of that is working.

Thanks cyclonefr it's fully working now, the only problem that I found is that it doesn't works like the windows version, the gamesaves are not saved in the game folder, instead are saved into a mac folder depending of your user but apart of that is working.

Can't help you about this...

Am I the only one who has no sound when not using OpenAL ? If I do use OpenAL, it crashes every 5min because of an OpenAL crash (Maybe SSE2, but I doubt it, it might be due to my sound card... Works under Windows though, but OpenAL is experimental in Doom3).

Glad I was able to help you try this game.

• 2 weeks later...
Doom 3 works perfectly with all settings to max and using High Quality with 1024*768, even fullscreen works perfect and OpenAL works without problems I would say the speed is almost as good as in Windows so I'm quite impressed actually.

ARe you sure it works 100% using OpenAL ? It crashes on my system at like 5min of playtime (I use a 5.1 setup though and AppleAC97Audio.kext).

What about you ?

PS : I don't have sound anyway when I don't use OpenAL...

ARe you sure it works 100% using OpenAL ? It crashes on my system at like 5min of playtime (I use a 5.1 setup though and AppleAC97Audio.kext).

What about you ?

PS : I don't have sound anyway when I don't use OpenAL...

Yupp it's working 100% no crashes or anything and if I don't use OpenAL there's no sound but if I use it my 5.1 surround setup works perfect!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...