8800 GT sluggish performace

Common Sense

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

I would like to hear from you that have 8800 GT and that knows how to get it 100% working. Currently mine works perfectly (it has all the features working, QE/CE + res change) except for some rahter sluggish performace in UI and games. What kexts did you install? Version of NVinject or PC-EFI? etc. All details would be greatly apreciated so I can replicate your working setup.

For you Intel users how do 8800 GT work for you? Im wondering if this might be an nforce4 issue (with the pci-e bus). How is the card performing on a real mac?

The card is not performing awful but it lags when minimizing windows and just generally feels like a little delay when pressing something. Games are very playble but they feel a little choppy. When looking around you in an fps game it feels like its not smooth.

Im currently using the NVinstaller 0.41 and PC-EFI gfx string. Have tried NViject as well but it gives the same result.

My hardware:

Albatron 8800 GT 512 mb

MSI nf4-fi

Opteron 144

Can you please try to CHANGE your DVI port ?

Yeah i'm pissed off, it's been like 50 times I actually type this comment.

I'm already using the correct DVI port (the one closest to the motherboard). As I said the card works with QE/CI + res change so its fully working. The performace just seams to be a little bit lagging which can be pretty annoying. Did you even read the post?

Yeah I read the post but you didn't state whether or not you used the correct DVI port, even though you could change the resolution, i wasn't sure.

So yeah, must be a nforce problem. Is your card running in PCIe 16x in system profiler ?

It must be your nForce4 problem, I use NVinstall .41 and everything runs smoothly with my 8800GT.
Thanks for the reply. i suspected this to be the case.
Yeah I read the post but you didn't state whether or not you used the correct DVI port, even though you could change the resolution, i wasn't sure.So yeah, must be a nforce problem. Is your card running in PCIe 16x in system profiler ?
Its running PCIe 16x. I guess im going to try with chun-nans IOPCIFamily and see if it will fix the problem. Thanls for the help!

It might be your power supply too, did u feed ur 8800GT with enough power ^^?

My PS is 630 watt and im only running with 2 harddrives and a dvd writer. So I dont really think its to weak. Besides I get perfect performance in Windows. Or what do you think is it to weak for my setup? I doubt it though.

Opteron 144

GeForce 8800 GT

2 harddrives

1 dvd writer

• 2 months later...

I have a 512 8800 GT but things jest rnt as smooth as they should be like minimizing windows and even the dock if ur comparing it to the magnification on a real mac. I'm wondering if you found a fix. Im currently on kalyway 10.5.2 with no graphic driver installed, as in, i didnt select anything. could you please tell me the files that you used? thank u so much, my install will be perfect if u could help me ;)