iPhone Screen

nate256

15 posts in this topic

I am getting an iPhone in the near future and i am wondering how the screen holds up from scratches? Also is a case a good idea or will it be okay with out one? i want it to be as thine as possible in my pocket.

Thanks!

wow looks like it is doing pretty good!

sp would you say that the screen holds up nice?

14uvth.jpg

2a4wtc6.jpg

728tcm.jpg

I would like th iPhone more if it had the screen size of the iPod touch and the outer trimming too.

But yeah, the back of mine is pretty dinged up, and it took a while before I got that scratch on the screen, which was before I got the case from Griffin. You can't see it when the screen is on though.

The screen is made of hi-polymer scratch and glare resistant glass. It scratches, but only if you take one of those really sharp japanese habachi knives to it.

If you're really worried about it, I suggest getting an invisibleSHIELD.

No. I actually talked to an Apple Genius about this, I thought I was imagining things, but the iPod touch screen is actually slightly bigger than the iPhone's screen. Also, you have the silver trim around the screen, whereas on the iPod touch you have a black trim around the screen.

• 5 months later...
Well yes the metal backs hold up great i was just wondering (since i have had my Fone stepped on by a kid with cleats on) is it possible to replace only the glass on it the screen works perfect just cant sell it for as much when i move to att and get 3g

With the 3G iPhone it is, but I think on the first generation the display, glass, and bezel are all one piece. The glass is probably the most scratch resistant part of the phone, that chrome bezel sucks though. Whenever I got mine, I actually gave it a brushed metal look on purpose, that way I wouldn't feel bad about having a single scratch on it (plus is just looks better!).

mmm The iphone 3g screen holds up really well to scratches. The other day one of my mates asked me so I took out my phone got my keys and rubed them all over... after he finsihed freaking out I showed him there was absolutely no scratches on the screen :rolleyes:.

Just be careful not to drop it! I dropped my 1st Gen from about 2 feet (:king: butter- fingers!!!!) I had a protective case on but it landed on it's side first and cracked the screen. Not covered by the warranty, classed as accidental - going to cost me £150 to repair. So be Careful can get expensive.

Picard323