Interfacenamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce

MacTamer

9 posts in this topic

I tried setting SATA to legacy IDE and that didn't work. (My bios doesn't support it.) But it isn't slow it just doesn't boot. I get past IOKitwaitquiet in a split second, and then i get a blue screen for s split second and then i get Interfacenamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce. I can boot into safe mode though. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

Intel D101GGC MOBO

Intel Pentium D 2.8

ATI X1600 PRO

250 GIG Sata Drive partitioned for Vista and Leopard

1.5 Gig Kingston Ram

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, only without the brief appearance of the blue screen. are you using the AppleNForceATA.kext that's been floating around? My system is completely different except I'm also using a sata HD. I'm a bit of a noob...

Evga 680i SLI

Core 2 Duo at stock 2.4 ghz (6600 I think?!?!)

Nvidia pny 7900 gs

two unraided sata western digital HDs

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I see this thread was started a year ago, so maybe something has come up. I am able to use iDeneb 1.3 to install OS X on my computer but in the hopes of having something more Vanilla I started playing around with ThinkBoot and it looks like a bootloader with allot of potential, I really like that I can boot off my Retail DVD with it. But anyway, I am also waiting for the IOKit to quiesce but my system does not get past that. I left it there for about 15 mins and it still refuses to boot. Has anyone narrowed this down at all? It is something with the LAN driver as someone suggests, could it be something with my jmicron controller (this is an IDE drive used for testing) but do you guys have any ideas?

**Quick Update**

A little bit more reading and it looks like this bootloader does not require dsmos or Disabler kexts, so maybe that could be the issue? I will have to test it when I get home.

• 3 weeks later...
**Quick Update**

A little bit more reading and it looks like this bootloader does not require dsmos or Disabler kexts, so maybe that could be the issue? I will have to test it when I get home.

Any news on this? I seem to have smiliar problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1189671

I dont think it is a dsmos/disabler + bootloader issue, I have a different bootloader with same issue.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need help with this too, I've never had this happen before, but after a graphic kext mishap i re-installed after erasing same settings and this popps up, do you guys have Broadcom wifi cards? this started happening after I installed the card

Just fixed it!!!!!!!!!

what I did was remove all of my USB devices, I figured it had something to do with power (I/O)

I removed my USB hub which had my bluetooth dongle and USB Optical Mice and my USB thumb drive.

It could just be the optical Mice, but try unplugging all USB peripherals before booting and it should boot fine if you customized your installation correctly, or if your laptop is docked, remove it.