Dual Monitors on EVGA 7600GT

El General

4 posts in this topic

I just bought a eVga 7600gt 256mb PCIe (1 vga out and 1 DVI out) in hopes of getting dual monitors to work. I have two monitors hooked up to the card, 1 directly to the vga and the other through a vga to dvi adapter which doesn't work. I have the Zephyroth 10.5.2 installed and things are working pretty well (recognizes it as 7600gt) except I really need that second monitor. Any suggestions on which driver to install. I searched all over but I just get too many results for 7600.

Right now I just have what the Zeph install dvd had which I think is NVInject. Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be awesome. I am willing to do a reinstall of the OS just to get this working, if I need to.

Thanks

I have the exact same card and dual screen works fine. I've used nvinject which worked fine, but now I'm using efi strings but I never checked to see if dual screen works with it. I recommend you trying hooking the monitor up directly to dvi and not use the dvi-vga adapter. That could be your problem there. So one screen will be hooked up using dvi while the other will be hooked up using vga.