GA-P35-DS3L (ICH9), SATA/AHCI make all 4 ports work? How?

9 posts in this topic

Alright, well I know most people say you cannot have AHCI enabled and use all 4 SATA Ports on Leopard with the ICH9 Boards, spacifically my GA-P35-DS3L board. The other night when I was researching this, I could have sworn I found a page that had a fix for this or a way to make all 4 ports work without turning off AHCI. Does anyone on here know how to do it? I am kicking myself for not saving the page when I had it!!

let me know

- Mike

I have AHCI enebled on my P35-DQ6 board, and everything works great (Leo Kaly 10.5.2). Didn't need any fix. 4 SATA HDDs and a SATA DVD drive are all connected to orange ports. I even turned AHCI after I installed Leo. Only issue I had was that HDD icons became orange, but that's an easy fix (just search the forum). Leo boots up now in 15 sec :wacko:

You surely didn't see that before cuz I posted that on March 23th and you posted on March 19th :) Or did you go to the future and see my post ?!?

There was someone last week who had gotten all 4 of their SATA AHCI ports to work on Leopard. I had found it when I was searching around the web but then lost the page and was pissed I had lost it!

- Mike