Slow USB 2.0 -or- EyeTV 2.3.x?

Quackit

9 posts in this topic

When I launch EyeTV for my Hybrid it takes forever (beachball of death), the same as it used to do on my MDD G4 if the device was not connected.

Eventually, if I let it sit for what seems like 3-4 minutes, it will load the app and work semi-fully-functional. The video stutters sometimes. I haven't fully tested this problem, but I doubt that it's my other hardware at this point. This may turn out to be a software problem, so I'm not really worried about this one, but it could be related.

It could be my USB, since this is the only device that uses 2.0 that I have.

It recognizes the device in my SP just fine, but as a WinTV HVR? something. Not on the machine atm.

Has anyone else had the loading problem with EyeTV, or know of issues with USB 2.0 ports in general that would cause this?

[Fixed]

Following the support page from elgato http://faq.elgato.com/index.php/faq/more/343/, I fixed the problem with my program guide... which also fixed my slow startup problem. It was a permissions problem with my Library:Application Support:EyeTV folder. Just trashed it and re-ran EyeTV. Works a treat.

~ Cheers.

Sorry to hijack thread but...

I've just got myself a TVmini 2 usb tuner and have installed The Tube 2.5 but when I click on activate I just get the spinning grey ring in the window.

Does anyone have any clues what to do or is there any other tv tuner software I could use compatible with TVmini 2?

Much appreciated if you could shed any light

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping to resurrect this EyeTV thread. I'm getting the EyeTV stutter in all versions, including 3.0.2. I've tried changing to the PCGenEHCI to no avail. All other video playsback fine, even when I pause and record a show. When I boot into Windows, my Hauppauge WinTV 950 works fine with no stutters, using their software. I've surmised video drivers but I've ruled that out because all other MPG content plays fine.

Considering it the USB 2.0 problem, has anyone found a solution?

• 4 weeks later...

Well. I'm not too sure about everyone else's probs. I have the PCGen kext loaded and it still takes nearly 5-7 minutes for my EyeTV software to load. I've just learned to deal with it, as it works perfectly after it loads. Also, it has always shown up to 480Mb/s.

Fixed.. check original post.

• 1 month later...

I recently bought the Hauppauge 950 (black) USB tuner; not the more expensive white (mac) version. I found that this card will work perfectly with a hackintosh (specs below) provided that one uses the current 3.0.3 version software. A certain green demon has this available. Previous versions of this software do not detect the tuner.