[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard

mcsmart

560 posts in this topic

ATI Radeon HD 3650 pkg installer is in the topic now working fine should work fine on any 10.5.x oh tho report back for bugs and feedback for all 3650 users and give netkas the thanks

Well, just tried the routine again, this being my, what, 15th time, same results.

Look at my sig...

oh i guess i had to be signed in to see that...

i guess try everything. i had your problem but then i removed atiradeonx2000.kext. next i installed all of the necessary files from the irc channel. finally i installed the triakis package and it worked. i think it might have to be in that specific order because nothing worked at all and the worst part on my case was the ide drivers were not right on the dvd and install took 5 hours!

oh i guess i had to be signed in to see that...

i guess try everything. i had your problem but then i removed atiradeonx2000.kext. next i installed all of the necessary files from the irc channel. finally i installed the triakis package and it worked. i think it might have to be in that specific order because nothing worked at all and the worst part on my case was the ide drivers were not right on the dvd and install took 5 hours!

Nope thats one of the first things i've tried.

Also on the IRC nowadays they only have DL links for the 3650's and the old triakis junk.

Just wanted to post. I have an ATI (9589) and now working.

I followed the steps but was not getting any CI/QE ;). I tried again and moved my card ID to the start of the list in the Info.plist file - now works

Woop - thank you.

--

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9589

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

LE2262:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Just wanted to post. I have an ATI (9589) and now working.

I followed the steps but was not getting any CI/QE :( . I tried again and moved my card ID to the start of the list in the Info.plist file - now works

Woop - thank you.

--

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Displays:

LE2262:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Display Connector:

Wow I really wish my 512MB 9589 would work... :wacko:

I have a Sapphire HD 2600 PRO 512MB and this is what I'm getting:

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Displays:

17 ANALOG MONITOR:

Resolution: 1280 x 960 @ 75 Hz

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Can someone help me out here? I followed exactly what the first post instructed to except I didn't understand the PC-ID deal, I'm on 10.5.2. Thank you in advance.

I have a Sapphire HD 2600 PRO 512MB and this is what I'm getting:

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Displays:

17 ANALOG MONITOR:

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Can someone help me out here? I followed exactly what the first post instructed to except I didn't understand the PC-ID deal, I'm on 10.5.2. Thank you in advance.

The instructions are for that are in the last few posts on the first page. I cant be bothered pulling them up sorry.

I keep getting "Natit is not installed correctly" upon restart.

I've recopied it several times, and done the commands several times.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Use kext helper :P

The instructions are for that are in the last few posts on the first page. I cant be bothered pulling them up sorry.

No worries, I'll try to figure it out nonetheless. By looking at the details I've posted, does it look like everything is working? I figured it may be saying that about my LCD display because its a no name brand?

OK... for those 2600 pro users that havnt been able to get Quartz Exreme yet heres how I did it (my specs are in my sig):

Follow the instructions of the first post - but where you have to put in the device ID (instructions are in the last post on the 1st page) dont add a new entry for it, change one of the existing entries.

After I did that I had to apply the white menus fix. For those that havnt actualy got this problem yet its where you cant see any of the options in the menus.

Hope that helps.

Success! I had trouble finding the ID but finally found the post... Thanks everyone!

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Displays:

17 ANALOG MONITOR:

Display Connector:

OK... for those 2600 pro users that havnt been able to get Quartz Exreme yet heres how I did it (my specs are in my sig):

Follow the instructions of the first post - but where you have to put in the device ID (instructions are in the last post on the 1st page) dont add a new entry for it, change one of the existing entries.

After I did that I had to apply the white menus fix. For those that havnt actualy got this problem yet its where you cant see any of the options in the menus.

Hope that helps.

I've done that a few times, didn't work. I also tried getting rid of all the PCI-ID's that were already in there and just add mine, also didn't work. Guess i'm just screwed...

I've done that a few times, didn't work. I also tried getting rid of all the PCI-ID's that were already in there and just add mine, also didn't work. Guess i'm just screwed...

Have you tried leaving the numbers there and adding in your ID in its numerical order (towards the middle of the bunch)? This is what I did and it worked. Also keep running the steps in order when doing this.

I've tried every possible combination.

Maybe it is not really a Mac OS X problem. Does OpenGL/DRI work under Linux with the newest driver from AMD?

Hell if I know...

You should know. Using Linux is essential for debugging problems... Give it a try. Also, does your BIOS give you any options for changing PCI-E things?

No I used Linux for a while and I just hated it so I'm never going back to it for any reason.

I guess then we won't be able to help you... I've seen a lot of people with screen distortions like these and I thought it could be related to your problem. But, never mind.

My BIOS is fine.

If you really think so...

- mcsmart

I guess then we won't be able to help you... I've seen a lot of people with screen distortions like these and I thought it could be related to your problem. But, never mind.

If you really think so...

- mcsmart

I'll be more than happy to accept help but doing a whole bunch of other stuff just doesn't seem right.

That image isn't anything like i'm getting; i've never gotten anything like that.

Look, after I follow the instructions/install the drivers, after I restart, after the grey apple logo goes away and the resolution changes, all I get is a blue screen with my cursor.