The Second Annual InsanelyMac Awards

31 posts in this topic

Can you believe it's been a year since the last InsanelyMac Awards? It's time to bring them back. With the new board design and all that, we have categories where the choices are blatantly obvious:

1. Favorite Moderator

2. Favorite Administrator

3. Favorite News Crew Person

4. Favorite XLabs product

5. Favorite Wiki Team Member

6. Favorite Donator

7. The Solid Gold, Diamond Studded InsanelyMac Award

With the next set, I will need nominations. Please make them in this thread:

1. Favorite Front Page News

2. Favorite Reader News

3. Favorite Genuis Bar How-To

4. Favorite Poster

Just like last year, the voting threads will be placed in this forum (unless I'm told otherwise). I will need nominations for the awards just above this. If I don't get any nominations, nobody will win the award and that would be very very bad. So please place the nominations for those awards in here.

Watch this forum for the upcoming InsanelyMac Awards voting threads.

He had those up for a couple months last year for the First Annual InsanelyMac Awards. :P

You weren't around then. Yet somehow you've almost quintupled the number of posts I have. :hysterical:

Thanks for the input, and remember that I need nominees just for the following categories:

2. Favorite Reader News

4. Favorite Poster

PS--This should be a front page news item again.

PPS--I forgot to put in a Favorite Wiki Team Member and Donator. Let me edit...

PPPS--I need the links for the "static categories" (like the moderators group, etc).

favorite x-labs product: Taruga's AppleHDA patcher

(I would vote for myself and my natit's galore but Taruga is the man with his patcher)

Altho anyone can still vote for me and my products :hysterical:

-D-

*bangs head*

This is the NOMINATING THREAD ONLY. All mods, admins, wiki team, news crew, XLabs stuff, and donators are already done. All I need is a link to show who the heck they all are so I can make the poll for them.

THIS IS WHAT I NEED HERE TO HELP WITH THE PROCESS:

2. Favorite Reader News

4. Favorite Poster

ONLY POST YOUR NOMINATIONS FOR THOSE ITEMS.

Thank ya. The polling threads will come soon, or are already here for XLabs.

Ok ladies and gents. Stick to discussing what's BEEN ASKED!!!

2. Favorite Reader News

4. Favorite Poster

For 1,2 and 3 he is NOT asking for a nomination for the poster but the actual topic itself!!!

My selection:

1. Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 Released or iATKOS v1.0i Released by REVENGE
  2. Not sure but I found Share your iTunes Music over Lan and Internet with Windows by xtraa interesting
  3. It's old but I found [HowTo] XP + OSX 10.4.4-10.4.8 native dual boot by dilnalomo to be helpful back in the days.
    I also found From VMWare To Native! by Sabrtooth helpful although I've never used it but a topic based on it to be helpful.
  4. We have a lot of great posters so this one is hard. (NOTE: this is the only one asking for a members name!)

Thank you for clarifying that Mebster.

1. Mac Users Have Different Brains- Just icing on the cake! Well.....I thought it was interesting....

2. Share your iTunes..... - Very cool and helpful

3. Input Remapper - Very helpful for times w/o a 2 button mouse

4. None - The first time I meet an unbiased and open-minded poster they will win my vote. In other words I will never have a favorite.

OK, considering that my post has been deleted, I want to ask again if I can nominate more than one poster.

If I can, here are my nominations for Favorite Poster:

Paranoid Marvin

killbot1000

Maxintosh

erei33

Favorite Genuis Bar How-To:

[HowTo] Building an overclocked Core2Duo box for OSx86., Bad Axe1/2 - E6300/Xeon 3060

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=26508&hl=

It is a bit old, but thanks to it many of us have a perfectly working hackintosh.

Alessandro17, sorry mate but I was the one who did some spring cleaning in this thread. The majority of people were simply submitting what was not asked. That unfortunately included you I think.

I meant no disrespect to you or anyone else when deleting posts, but you can tell from A Nonny Moose's last post that this thread was quickly failing to accomplish what it was set to do.

This thread is asking for nominations. And only that. Not votes. They will arrive later I assume. So from now one everyone should use the 1,2,3 and 4 bullet points A Nonny Moose has given and fill it in.

Also I personally see no reason to object to more than one nomination being given as after all they are only nominations and not votes. As long as A Nonny Moose does not mind (this is his thread). However I would ask if we do nominate more than one thread/person, we try and keep it at a maximum of 2 (but ideally 1)... maybe stretching it to a 3. Anything beyond that is just a bit too much to digest when collecting the data and making an actual voting thread.