Homosexuals

Lkr

99 posts in this topic

Alright, I didn't see a thread on this already, but I know we have quite a few here. What are your thoughts? I personally do not mind them. I am not homosexual myself, and while I think what they are doing might be a little weird in my opinion, I have nothing against them. What are your opinions and views?

Important:

This is the kind of topic that can easily turn into an extremely offensive flame war. I'm fine with letting this discussion go ahead, however, please note:

Any offensive material, flaming, or insults of any kind will be handled with a formal warning.

I have no idea why we even have the need to talk about homosexuality, its around, it has been around, it doesn't hurt anybody, and to argue about it is the same as arguing whether black people should have less rights or the same rights as white people.

It's a stupid argument, and I am shocked that we still continue to debate it.

People need to become more accepting of those who are different than them. Plain and simple.

I have no problems with it.. I do find it awkward to see two guys kissing, and I do find it extremely interesting to see two girls kissing, but in the end I can see no reason why I should be opposed to it.

The statement that it doesn't hurt anyone is rather ignorant though..

When someone finds out his or her dad is {censored} and is hooking up with other guys to have sex in public parks. I think that person will be hurt.

When a deep religious parent finds his/her son in his room fooling around with his boyfriend, that will hurt too..

And when someone is driving across the country and needs to take a leak, finds a parking, steps into the bushes to pee and with that steps into a scene he did NOT want to witness, that will also cause some hurt.

So it does hurt people. The fact that these hurtfull situations are mainly caused by the preconceptions people have about {censored} and the lack of acceptence, mainly in religious communities does not change this.

So it does hurt people. The fact that these hurtfull situations are mainly caused by the preconceptions people have about {censored} and the lack of acceptence, mainly in religious communities does not change this.

It does matter, it matters a lot.

In a not distant past in this country an unmarried woman with a child was compared to a prostitute, a single mother's child was called a "{censored}" or "son of a {censored}" and had no rights, a girl couldn't go out alone, a man and a woman couldn't live together if they were unmarried...

Things have now changed so much that young people can't believe life was as I described it until 35 years ago!

I have no idea why we even have the need to talk about homosexuality, its around, it has been around, it doesn't hurt anybody, and to argue about it is the same as arguing whether black people should have less rights or the same rights as white people.

It's a stupid argument, and I am shocked that we still continue to debate it.

People need to become more accepting of those who are different than them. Plain and simple.

Absolutely!

I have no problems with it.. I do find it awkward to see two guys kissing, and I do find it extremely interesting to see two girls kissing, but in the end I can see no reason why I should be opposed to it.

The statement that it doesn't hurt anyone is rather ignorant though..

When someone finds out his or her dad is {censored} and is hooking up with other guys to have sex in public parks. I think that person will be hurt.

When a deep religious parent finds his/her son in his room fooling around with his boyfriend, that will hurt too..

And when someone is driving across the country and needs to take a leak, finds a parking, steps into the bushes to pee and with that steps into a scene he did NOT want to witness, that will also cause some hurt.

No its not ignorant to say that homosexuality causes no harm.

In your statements, you confused cheating, pre-marital sex (which I don't have any problem with, but its a religious house in your story), and public nudity/sex with homosexuality, in my opinion this is a more ignorant statement to make. Because it was not the homosexuality that harmed anybody, it was the cheating, the public nudity/sex, and the pre-marital sex.

The simple state of being homosexual has no harm on anybody whatsoever, except maybe the homosexual, who has to live in a society like this...

Just to put this thread into a certain context...

African Americans

"Alright, I didn't see a thread on this already, but I know we have quite a few here. What are your thoughts? I personally do not mind them. I am not an African American myself, and while I think what they are doing might be a little weird in my opinion, I have nothing against them. What are your opinions and views?"

Still acceptable?

African Americans

"Alright, I didn't see a thread on this already, but I know we have quite a few here. What are your thoughts? I personally do not mind them. I am not an African American myself, and while I think what they are doing might be a little weird in my opinion, I have nothing against them. What are your opinions and views?"

Still acceptable?

EXACTLY! Wow, thank you for putting up a really good parallel example.

Also, man...I've noticed that there are about 5 threads on homosexuality, this must really be a big issue to a lot of people...simply astonishing.

African Americans

Still acceptable?

You've just hit the issue spot on.

That's the best thing I've heard this year :P

This thread is a duplicate.

Homosexuals have been around since the beginning of humanity, they are around, and they always will be around. You can accept this, or you can make a fuss and be insensitive.

Ok guys, I'm not making a fuss. I just wanted to hear some views on it. I have friends that are homosexuals, and I don't mind at all. I want to discuss this more than debate it. For example, the on going torture that happens to homosexuals. Why do you think it happens?

African Americans

Still acceptable?

Like I always say, {censored} is the new black. Eventually people will catch on and figure out that there really isn't anything to discuss, people are who they are. They just need to find someone else to hate first. :P

For example, the on going torture that happens to homosexuals. Why do you think it happens?

Because people are idiots.

No its not ignorant to say that homosexuality causes no harm.

In your statements, you confused cheating, pre-marital sex (which I don't have any problem with, but its a religious house in your story), and public nudity/sex with homosexuality, in my opinion this is a more ignorant statement to make. Because it was not the homosexuality that harmed anybody, it was the cheating, the public nudity/sex, and the pre-marital sex.

The simple state of being homosexual has no harm on anybody whatsoever, except maybe the homosexual, who has to live in a society like this...

The example of the cheating father.. It is something other than cheating. It is the fact that this person was led to believe he had to form a family with a woman, surpressing all his sexual preferences. This hurts the homosexual person involved, but also the people around him.

I know it is not technically homosexuality itself causing this (by itself, as a separate entity), but the the values of the society the homosexual person lives in.

No more time to complete my post, hope you get my drift.

This is the only forum I've seen where this subject is so popular.. I am afraid of assuming what does it mean... :wacko:

Answering the question of the thread I would say that we are all supposed to be free in this world.. I am not against homosexuals. It doesn't matter for me... It is even very good for me and all geterosexuals! More women for us!!!!! :D

The example of the cheating father.. It is something other than cheating. It is the fact that this person was led to believe he had to form a family with a woman, surpressing all his sexual preferences. This hurts the homosexual person involved, but also the people around him.

I know it is not technically homosexuality itself causing this (by itself, as a separate entity), but the the values of the society the homosexual person lives in.

No more time to complete my post, hope you get my drift.

Yeah I understand, I totally get your point, but if homosexuality were more accepted in our society, this hypothetical person wouldn't have the need to try and integrate in a "normal" family. They would be ok with their sexuality and this whole thing wouldn't have happened in the first place.

It does matter, it matters a lot.

In a not distant past in this country an unmarried woman with a child was compared to a prostitute, a single mother's child was called a "{censored}" or "son of a {censored}" and had no rights, a girl couldn't go out alone, a man and a woman couldn't live together if they were unmarried...

Things have now changed so much that young people can't believe life was as I described it until 35 years ago!

Absolutely!

you are right. it matters. I wasn't stating it did not matter, I was stating that in the current timeframe this is how things stand,people ignorantly take offence of certain things. If I have to put a label on that I'd label it as unpreferrable/stupid/ridiculous, people should just respect each other, whatever race,background,religion,sexual preference etc.etc. they may have. But well, right now I am in the same sentence I am pleading tolerance while I am labelling ignorant intolerate people.... always that paradox

Hmm..... I havn't really seen someone take a definite stand against homosexuality....guess I will have to.

My reason against it is that nature does not show it. You don't see male squirrels doing it in the trees? Okay so humans are the "special" species and we are "intelligent." Does that not prove the existence of a God if we are a "chosen" people?

You may commense the flaming!

Well a nice try.

But educate yourself, homosexuality is common in the animal world.

But , why should your argument( lets call so) be relevant.

In the animal world their are no blond females with big {censored}, so you are agains females with blond hair and big {censored}?

Is that your logic?

The facts are, brains can be more or less female/male. The part called hypothalamus determends your sexual drive, beining hetero, {censored}, bi

a lot of people are bi by default, but nurture makes them behave hetero or {censored}.

still i thing there are also al lot people who are very straight and very {censored} people.. even with strong nurture influences

explaining someones sexuality is very complex

Darn! My attempts at starting a flame war have failed.....

Anyways, my point was that I don't feel that homosexuality is natural. Not that homosexuals are the devil's personal servents and that they personally choose to ruin people's lives (not saying that they do.)

Darn! My attempts at starting a flame war have failed.....

Anyways, my point was that I don't feel that homosexuality is natural. Not that homosexuals are the devil's personal servents and that they personally choose to ruin people's lives (not saying that they do.)

Well sure, your feelings are very important. But that aside. The facts are that homosexuality is very common in nature. Just look at apes, a species very close to us.

Even more from a Darwin point of view homosexual behavior makes a lot of sense.

The error a lot of straight people make is reflecting ones own feelings to other people.

I mean, sure. you are straight. So you like girls. But for a {censored} person, it feels natural to like boys. Don’t be so judgmental. Accept that other people have different feeling then you.

STill not trying to start a flame war but.....

How would homosexuality make sense with evolution? It does not benefit the species in any way. Does not increase food consumption, reproduction, or anything beneficial.

STill not trying to start a flame war but.....

How would homosexuality make sense with evolution? It does not benefit the species in any way. Does not increase food consumption, reproduction, or anything beneficial.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with reproduction. One can be homosexual and still reproduce. It makes even more sense with human beings because we KNOW how to reproduce, most animals in the wild just do it with anything that emits the right pharamones.

Evolution isn't perfect, not by a long shot. But that's sort of the point.

Vast amounts of variation exist within every species, this is why some members of a species are immune to diseases while others are not.

When it comes to homosexuality, if one were {censored}, but the society encouraged them to still have children and to be with the opposite sex, then a child can still be produced in spite of one being {censored}. It's not really that surprising at all to see {censored} people walking around today -_-