Old game to run on hackintosh

FilipeMB

3 posts in this topic

I have an old game (from 1998) that I was trying to run on 68k emulator for windows (Executor). But it is not getting very far because windows extracts mac files wrongly. So, I will give it a shot to run it on my hackintosh dvd. What should I do? Download something?

From Wikipedia:

Executor is unable to run Macintosh programs designed to run on PowerPC-based Macintosh hardware. Executor can mimic either Macintosh System 7.0.0 or System 6.0.7 for older applications that don't work in System 7.0.0 mode.

Use a different emulator for Windows like SheepShaver or Basilisk II and try it. This is just a hunch, but StuffIt Expander for Windows might be able to extract your mac files properly.

But I used to use Executor to emulate it. With no problem. The question was that I had extracted the game in those times from a .zip file, not from a .sit file. And the .sit file that contains my game was generated after the release of Executor's STE. If I could compress that into an old SIT file, then maybe I could extract it inside Executor.

I have tried to use Basilik II to run it. The question is that I'm not finding how could I can do my .dsk file bigger cause there's not enough space to extract my .SIT file.