Saitek Eclipse II keyboard

ericrcan

10 posts in this topic

I bought this for my PC, but now that I am using OS X i want to use it on here now. It works great, except the Media keys do not work right. There are 8 of them, and this is how it works:

Previous: works fine

Next: works fine

Volume Up: does nothing

Volume Down: does nothing

Play/Pause: volume down

Stop: mute

Mute: does nothing

Change Keyboard Color: works fine.

is there anyway I can remap the keyboard to get it work work right? Thanks.

dont count on it working then. Luckily i got the sleeker, nicer looking, Saitek Eclipse I Keyboard. Only special keys it has is Volume up, down, mute, and the level of LED on the keyboard. My volume keys work correctly i may add.

• 4 weeks later...
dont count on it working then. Luckily i got the sleeker, nicer looking, Saitek Eclipse I Keyboard. Only special keys it has is Volume up, down, mute, and the level of LED on the keyboard. My volume keys work correctly i may add.

I have the same board with a logitech USB trackball mouse. Both work flawlessly. :)

I have the Antec 900 case as well. Great looking case with excellent cooling. I put a blue LED 120mm fan in the side that makes it look even better.

• 1 month later...

i would look for solutions for getting the media keys working on any keyboard, i am sure it is more than just a problem with this board.

I've been googling and googling, so far I've found a tool called Ukelete that remaps keyboard keys, but it doesn't seem to do media keys, or I'm not selecting the right layout. If someone has experience with this program, please drop me a line.

• 3 months later...

I too have this keyboard and I've researched it quite a bit. Also trying different keymapping software to re-map the keys. There are not, as of yet, any workarounds for this keyboard. Saitek doesn't have any mac drivers for any of their products and seeing as how they just got bought out by madcats (boo!) I'm faily certain we won't be seeing any . . .