• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Joel Johnson

Joel Johnson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've downloaded the Darwin Unix install from developer.apple.com for the x86 processor and wish to install it on a virtual machine. The file has a .iso.gz extension. I need to get it to a regular ISO file so that I can install it, but the only utility I have found so far that can successfully handly the file on windows is WinRAR. But it extracts all of the files from the ISO leaving me with the individual files in an unbootable form.

Does any one know how I can transfor the .ISO.GZ file to an .ISO file?

Joel

niteice

niteice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Uncompress the gz with winrar. You will get the ISO.

Mr. Bond

Mr. Bond

The man with the golden gun.

• Retired
  • 881 posts
I think he's saying that Winrar extracts the ISO from the archive, and then extracts the ISO itself. You should be able to just open up the archive in Winrar, and then only extract the ISO.

Joel Johnson

Joel Johnson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think he's saying that Winrar extracts the ISO from the archive, and then extracts the ISO itself.

You are correct. Winrar would extract the files from the ISO but would not allow me to only get the ISO itself. Some one suggested MagicISO and that seemed to work. now only if I could get past this stoopid "/com.apple.Boot.pList" not found thing. But that's another issue.

Thanks.

Joel

sealview

sealview

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
you should use totalcommander in stead of winrar for unpacking a gz file without damaging the boot from the ISO image.
I've unpacked with totalcommander the same file as you are trying too.

goodluck

dmb

dmb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Just use 7-zip. Its opensource, and gzip is opensource, so it just works best with its native tools.

usr-sse2

usr-sse2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I've downloaded the Darwin Unix install from developer.apple.com for the x86 processor and wish to install it on a virtual machine. The file has a .iso.gz extension. I need to get it to a regular ISO file so that I can install it, but the only utility I have found so far that can successfully handly the file on windows is WinRAR. But it extracts all of the files from the ISO leaving me with the individual files in an unbootable form.

Does any one know how I can transfor the .ISO.GZ file to an .ISO file?

Joel

Do you still have that file? There is no place to download it any more, and I trashed mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy