C-Media CMI8788 Drivers for Leopard?

sleepy_yellow

50 posts in this topic

hey,

i posted a while back and i noticed i didnt really make it very clear, so i wanted to Edit it but i didnt find where to edit lol.

well my question is if somebody made CMI8788 drivers? i have a B-enspirer and i would like to make it work on Leopard AMD version.

i noticed a lot of people took linux drivers and make it compatable for mac, if nobody made drivers for this could i get tips how to make it myself?

hope somebody can help me in this thread that would be great.

thanks-

-s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im in need, swaping between onboard sound and my ac-1 for vista kinda sucks, i have played with some other c-media drivers i found for osx86 but couldnt get them to work with the card, kinda need someone beyond my skills

• 3 weeks later...

I don't actually own a CMI8788 based card but am looking to get a Xonar D2 to replace the onboard mobo audio (ALC889a, working) on my Gigabyte X48 board. Has anyone tried the CMI8738 driver, which apparently also works for CMI8768 based sound cards? See the end of this thread for a 10.5 recompiled driver:

Cmedia 8738

Even if the driver is partially working (am only looking to use the front channel analog outputs), I would probably spring for the Xonar D2 card. If someone could give it a shot and post back with their results, that would be great.

OK, if the 8738 driver recompiled under Leopard does not work, then I guess the next step would be to try a linux codec dump with Taruga's AppleHDA patcher (if someone hasn't already given this a shot yet). CMI8788 cards are now very well supported under linux since the OSS ALSA driver folks started rewriting the drivers for these cards from scratch about 6 months ago. So obviously use the latest ALSA drivers when creating the codec dump.

OK, if the 8738 driver recompiled under Leopard does not work, then I guess the next step would be to try a linux codec dump with Taruga's AppleHDA patcher (if someone hasn't already given this a shot yet). CMI8788 cards are now very well supported under linux since the OSS ALSA driver folks started rewriting the drivers for these cards from scratch about 6 months ago. So obviously use the latest ALSA drivers when creating the codec dump.

i tried that too BUT i didnt have the latest driver by any means, so this may be a starting point

So we need to wait for AppleHDA to support CMI or someone to take a crack at porting the latest ALSA CMI over to OSX ?

Neither sound like they will happen soon.... ;)

We've all been waiting awhile for these, I suppose we can all wait a little longer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also might be worth emailing Asus and telling them you are a mac user who thinks that their soundcards are awesome and that they would do well to support them under osx.

I sent them as email about it a few months ago, more emails = more chance :(

• 3 months later...