Transmission Update!

2LMan

22 posts in this topic

I just opened Transmission and it prompted me to update. I did, and thought nothing of it. I then went to download something from "The Bay" and I noticed their best new feature yet!

picture2lp0.th.jpg

We now have the ability to download individual files! This makes it better than uTorrent now!

I'm sorry I didn't say it in my earlier post, but this feature has been around awhile, just that it was only available AFTER you started downloading. This comes up once you click to download a torrent!

I'm sorry I didn't say it in my earlier post, but this feature has been around awhile, just that it was only available AFTER you started downloading. This comes up once you click to download a torrent!

I hope that is a selectable option.

The transmission site doesn't show release 5529, sure you aren't using a svn version?

• 4 weeks later...
Ok but as I've set up transmission to start download automatically, this window is skipped. So, it's not possible to change the reception folder once the download has begun?

I have it set to start transfers when added and I still see the window...

Ok but as I've set up transmission to start download automatically, this window is skipped. So, it's not possible to change the reception folder once the download has begun?

You can't have both at the same time.

Set transmission to show this window. I don't think you can do it elseway.

I have it set to start transfers when added and I still see the window...
Hi MacUser2525, I'm not sure if you're saying that's how you want it or not, but there is a checkbox in the Preferences > Adding pane for "Display Options Window". I have it checked, along with the "Start Transfers When Added" and "Trash Torrent File". I've also set the default download folder. Since the window is shown to confirm adding a torrent, I can change the download folder for individual torrents and/or opt to only download certain files within a torrent before clicking on "Add".

To confirm earlier posts... if you look at the "info" for any torrent, there's always (for as long as I've been using it, so since 0.something ???) been an option to de-select/select files. I'd never have migrated from Azureus if that weren't there.

So far I'm finding Transmission 1.10 much more stable than 1.06 and earlier, though it took a while for certain sites to accept it.

Well yeah, if you can't figure out how to copy and paste a few lines into a terminal then you can always just drag an inferior program into your apps folder, bury your head in the sand and pretend like it's better because "it just works". But it isn't better. KTorrent is noticeably faster than Transmission and it use less system resources.

Well yeah, if you can't figure out how to copy and paste a few lines into a terminal then you can always just drag an inferior program into your apps folder, bury your head in the sand and pretend like it's better because "it just works". But it isn't better. KTorrent is noticeably faster than Transmission and it use less system resources.

Well my experience using Ktorrent since the 1.?? something days compiling it myself on my Debian install begs to differ. While it is one of the better Linux torrent programs Transmision is faster, now I have not used the Ktorrent in the last 2 months or so since I began using OS X as my OS perhaps it has gotten better at finding more peers and giving a better download ratio. Using Transmission I struggle to have a greater than one leach to seed ratio using Ktorrent I could always be assured of at least a 3 or 4 to 1 leach to seed before the torrent was finished. At the end of my Linux using days I had resorted to using uTorrent in Virtualbox and that was a hell of lot faster haven't bothered setting it up in OS X though Transmission is close enough.