Realtek 8139

ixFOCUSxi

7 posts in this topic

Bump/mild hijack

I have a D-Link DFE-530TX+ E1 revision (Realtek 8139 chipset) in a PCI slot in my nForce. It works okay, but sometimes it drops the internet and the playback in Quicktime suffers quite often (almost never completes movie trailers, for example). Also, as an odd note, there is no PCI card detected in the System Profiler. But I do know the system detects the card, not only because I am typing this on my internet connection but also because during startup I see a quick listing for the 8139 (Vendor and Device ID, I think).

Think it might be my driver (or lack thereof), and underneath the IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins I have no listing for a Realtek 8139 kext (I do have a AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext, though). I have tried the official drivers from D-Link, Realtek, and the included driver in the iAtkos r3 install.

Anyone have any input on this? It would be much appreciated.

That chip doesn't work here either... Most drivers detect it but won't make it work. And then, one did make it work but it drops after about 70MB of data and mDNS never works. I have a RTL8139D

The chip works! For example in Windows.

Problem in driver. Did you try version from my post?