Rank promotions?

24 posts in this topic

Hecker is correct. The people with badges are mainly people who are Staff. Gurus and Devs are from way back and are not assigned anymore

Is This what you are looking for?

I agree with Hecker, though i feel complete now i have the Legend text under my avatar :P

How many Time Has This Question Been Posted Now?

Maybe Sabr should make one thread, and put a stop to this question, once and for all..

Think Mark

how many post do i need before i get two dots or more???

how many do i need to get to like gru, legend or geek??

if you know I'd like to know!!

thx

I do not think that this is important,but if some people ask there must be an answer.

@ Suhail

Well Suhail,one more thing to do (this is a suggestion :( ):if you are in 2 groups at the same time,you deserve it (or at least a new one)

@ Think Mark

I am not sure about this:

How many Time Has This Question Been Posted Now?

Maybe Sabr should make one thread, and put a stop to this question, once and for all..

I do not know.Putting that information on the Board Statistics (or somewhere else) will be enough:one thread will be useless in no time...

I know it rub up against anything known BUT just make your own!

Maybe we can have a competition to see who comes up with the best design an self assigned Title?

SticMAN

I agree with that but then I disagree. Alot of people feel that if they have a badge they are somehow better than someone else, albeit that may be the case but I don't want to see this forum become an egotistical waste land. I agree with the fact for a best design competition, then maybe Sabr or another admin can implement it as they see fit.

I agree with Software Updater. Although I have my Tech Team badge I am the exact same as all the rest of the members. Only advantage I have is that I can control the site backend wise but other than that we are all the same

You say in your sig about your badge, and anybody who thinks you have the same control as Sabr is a little.. on the dim side... :hysterical:

@SticMAN, I don't think we should have a competition, as that would not promote individually within the forum. Suhail is the god of code for IM.com, Sabr is the Jesus leader of the forum and other people have respected statures too.

SticMAN, you are known within the forum as having your own badge, even if it is attached to your avatar (did i give the game away :blink: )....

I still think one definitive thread, somewhere would mean newbies would create less threads for pointless topics.

Although we have all done it at some point.

Think Mark

That concludes todays Think Different sermon :wacko:

Well Suhail,one more thing to do (this is a suggestion smile.gif ):if you are in 2 groups at the same time,you deserve it (or at least a new one)

So, hypothetically speaking, if I was a moderator and on the News Team, I could have a spiffy badge like this?

newseratorrl8tz9.png

Actually Colonel with the GD Library in PHP that can be done. I have tinkered with images before and it can be done.

Anyway We may support secondary groups. But many users have been assigned private secondary groups and I do not think we will implement it

@ Suhail

Well Suhail,one more thing to do (this is a suggestion :) ):if you are in 2 groups at the same time,you deserve it (or at least a new one)

I understand where you're coming from, but we have no need for people to have two badges at once. Despite the fact that it would look silly, there is already a way for people to inherit permissions of two separate groups, so there isn't any point. :(

I understand where you're coming from, but we have no need for people to have two badges at once. Despite the fact that it would look silly, there is already a way for people to inherit permissions of two separate groups, so there isn't any point. :)
All clear:no need to go beyond this... :)
/me moderator/bitchy badge
:(