*UPDATE* Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 for AMD installation process

ka911

119 posts in this topic

hi guys,

I did this very fast and I'm still working on how to make is more easier to use, so keep up with me guys.

I will update this document frequently, if any changes are needed.

Please feel free to post your comments, if you have any difficulties. Your feedback is welcome.

Enjoy!!!!!

download the guide!

download update Monday 17, 2008

Yeah I doubt it's up yet, I would use the Newsgroup way but I already signed up at http://astinews.de/xtest when 10.5.2 came out and I don't remember my username and ext. So I guess I will just have to wait.I also posted a topic on Zephyroth's Leopard Forum, I will post back when I find out if/when the torrent will be uploaded.

Seems to be working great so far on my machine. Got a ton of apps installed without any issues. AMD 64 x2 4600+, 2GB, ECS C51GM-M Motherboard, Nvidia 7600 GT

EDIT: Ok I've discovered a problem. Something with the video, I think the resolution changes by itself to an unsupported format and I am left with a blank blue screen. Blue screen, eek! I know the system is still running ok though because I can remote into it from my macbook. Sometimes I can get the video to come back by unplugging the dvi cable and connected it again but then the text looks real squished.

Seems to be working great so far on my machine. Got a ton of apps installed without any issues. AMD 64 x2 4600+, 2GB, ECS C51GM-M Motherboard, Nvidia 7600 GT

EDIT: Ok I've discovered a problem. Something with the video, I think the resolution changes by itself to an unsupported format and I am left with a blank blue screen. Blue screen, eek! I know the system is still running ok though because I can remote into it from my macbook. Sometimes I can get the video to come back by unplugging the dvi cable and connected it again but then the text looks real squished.

can you install the right kext video in your PC?

it's not working..

dvd driver stop reading the disk after showing the apple boot logo..

and cannot get into the installtion step..

10.5.2.rev.1 doesn't have this isssue..

but,,10.5.2. rev.1 doesn't support my SATA hd in my laptop.. HP DV9500

any suggestion?

thanks!

it's not working..

dvd driver stop reading the disk after showing the apple boot logo..

and cannot get into the installtion step..

10.5.2.rev.1 doesn't have this isssue..

but,,10.5.2. rev.1 doesn't support my SATA hd in my laptop.. HP DV9500

any suggestion?

thanks!

you mean when you try to install Leopard it will not start the installation, right? if so are you sure that you did burn the DVD right!

yes..I made 3 copis of " rev.2 "from both os x 10.5. 2 and vista.

and they are havin the same issue..

on the other hand, 10.5.2 rev.1 works fine..

I have issue with my SATA hd, but I am sure 10.5. 1 rev.1 dvd works, coz I can getinto the installtion..

10.5.2 rev 2. doesn't go anywhere ,,stoped at the apple logo..

I've installed every kext I can find and I can get high resolution but I've lost qe/ci. I've tried adding my device ID but it doesn't seem to be working. =\ The only installer that seems to work for the kexts is the Punk92 one.

Works fine for me except all my my system files are exposed....ect var so on. I had to replace the medevil kext once installed though because when my hard disk was under heavy load kernel panic.. anyone know how to hide those pesky files without causing problems? i tried setfile and it made my system unbootable... that was an instance when time machine was my friend. heh.also to get guid to work i had to boot into thedisk in -s mode and use the darwin bootloader trick. the fix didnt install it said it failed.

A8N-SLI Deluxe

Amd 4000+

2 gb ram

2 seagate sata

asus nvidia 7500le

I test this release with (IDE HD) and I have almost everything works fine for me. the big plus was the sound! the two things it did not work is the video (XFX Nvidia 7300GS (need Leo-only_NVinject_0.1.3)) and the Wifi (RT2500USBWirelessDriver) I did select the wifi (RT2500USBWirelessDriver) but I believe I need to change the version of the drive to 4 to make it work. But this two easy to fix. I will try to install it in different HD and make some changes with the video options.

Just finished install of Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 for AMD. The main thing I noticed was System Profiler sees my CPU correctly including 2 cores V.1 would see only one. Still can't boot directly from the OSX drive. I have to go though the Vista boot loader. If I boot from the OSX drive I get a Disk Boot Failure every time.

Using the Vista bootloader with tboot works just fine. Thing is Vista and OSX are not on the same drive. OSX is on my primary ATA and Vista is on my SATA.

The only problem I can see is System Profiler thinks I have 16 GB of ram instead of 2 GB!! If anyone knows how to fix that it would be great. One last think for some reason the MicrosoftMouseHelper keep hanging forcing my Wireless Laser Mouse 600 to plain 3 button. The only way to get it back is to reboot or unplug the receiver and plug it back in.

I've been trying to install this one as well.. first i got problems with the infamous waiting for root device.

After changing my dvd drive to be the primary master (ide) that one was gone...

It installs without any problems,but when its trying to start it hangs just after Mac os x detects my additional drives (ntfs)

Ill look a the exact error tonight and try to boot it without any additional discs.

My system:

AMD 4200X2

MOB: Asus m2n4-SLI

VGA: 7600GT/256MB

RAM: 2048mb dualchannel

IDE DVD/RW+

SATA HD

Thank god i still have my Compaq D530 which runs Tiger perfectly ;)

I will post more later but:

I am not sure if anyone else had my problem but when I dled the torrent from (tpb) and it said 100% it really wasnt. I found another torrent and let that finish my iso. I found out cause the first dvd I made didnt work at all lol. A sign of this would be if you cant even mount your iso (I used Burn to "burn my iso") in mac os x (god I love that feature).

Everything installed 1-2-3. Sound works, Lan (I think it worked but for some reason my lan was dead and I didnt know about the unplug your power cord for 30sec fix) works, finally my sata dvd-dl works, hell I even think my ps/2 keyboard works. I only had to change the boot load to add cpus=1 and that was the only change that I had to make so far. At this point in time I would have to say that it was a perfect install, and runs perfect.

Can't install..

my motherboard is GA-M55plus, 4800+ x2.

my blank hdd install in primary master and the dvd rom install in second master. no other drive install..

I tried Zephyroth 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 to boot up the computer but it reboot and reboot, it can't boot in the installation page.

can any one help?

THANKS!

it hang on this screen...

post-196714-1205510258_thumb.jpg

Should I try Zephyroth's Leopard 10.5.2 AMD EFI or the iATKOS 1.0 R2 EFI for my AMD laptop?

I'm asking this because I don't think it's clear which version to use. Does iATKOS R2 (theoretically) work for AMD?

When I boot the iATKOS DVD it loads like forever....

I have a:

Type: ASUS notebook Z53Tseries (F3Tc)

CPU: AMD Turion 64 TL56, core2duo, 1,8 gHz

VGA: nVIDIA GeForceGo 7300

MEM: 2048MB

hi to all

this was the first dvd who managed to pass the boot until the 1st screen show up and choose to instal but unfortunately the raid controller sata VT 6421 can't be detected and none drive can be viewed to start this nice release 

can someone do a driver for this controller that is in some laptops like mine ,in linux the module is via_sata ,hd is a sata seagate 5400 rpm

my specs amilo M3438G  proc intel 740 SSE2,2gb ram corsair,17 " inch glass lcd 1440x900,wifi intel 2200,nvidia 6800 256 mb dedicated,dvd-rom dual  nec 6500A

thanks in advance to all teams 

I don't know whats going on with you guys but there is no problem with me.

here what I did it! Download Leo v2 then burn it with Nero 8(speed 4x) reboot my PC, hit Enter to start Leo Installation

After 30 to 40 sec (Do not be alarmed if the initial grey screen takes a couple minutes) you will see the Leo language screen, choose your native language from the list. For me I select English, Click Agree. Then go to Disk Utility then select your HD (for me I used SATA), format it to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and for option I did select MBR. Exit the disk utility, click continue

Select a Hard Drive to install Leopard onto

Click costume then select from the list Kernel 9.2.0, EFI v.8 MBR, extra fonts, (for sound and video, you need to find the right kext to use I can’t till you want you need to select from the list. Then click done

Click install, wait until you will see (Install Successful)

Click Restart or wait for the Mac to automatically restart. After the computer restarts, enjoy the new Welcome Screen

Greetings! The system I'm working with is listed in my sig.

After spending about 2 days futzing around with the iAtkos package (tried R1, and the updated "R3") with absolutely zero luck even getting it to install, I stumbled upon the Zephyroth AMD V2 package. Installed straight on in the first get go, no crashes....booted right into OSX without complaint. Four issues encountered so far:

1. Network - No support for the Marvell Yukon 8053 port, extremely slow performance on the nForce port. Hunting around here I found replacement kexts that enabled the Yukon port, which is running extremely fast, so I call this one fixed.

2. USB devices - wouldn't recognize my USB key, or my Apple Wired Keyboard. Tried the updated IOUSBFamily.kext....did nothing. Disabled legacy USB support in BIOS, and alles ist gut. Well, except for having to reenable it if I want to flex boot options, but small price to pay.

3. Audio - onboard audio "seems" to be installed, but I get nothing coming from any of the ports. I'm guessing I need to find the right drivers for my specific chip instead of just the AC97 drivers. Gonna work this one a bit more, but I expect to solve the problem shortly.

4. About This Mac - the stupid one....it doesn't list my processor as an AMD Opteron, or anything like that in the main page...just 2.2GHz unknown. It correctly identifies it in the More Info section, so chalk this one to just my own insanity.

I was about to give up on the hackintosh thing for a while, but thanks to everyone involved for making this package...and thanks to everyone on these forums for their pioneering work!

Greetings! The system I'm working with is listed in my sig.

After spending about 2 days futzing around with the iAtkos package (tried R1, and the updated "R3") with absolutely zero luck even getting it to install, I stumbled upon the Zephyroth AMD V2 package. Installed straight on in the first get go, no crashes....booted right into OSX without complaint. Four issues encountered so far:

1. Network - No support for the Marvell Yukon 8053 port, extremely slow performance on the nForce port. Hunting around here I found replacement kexts that enabled the Yukon port, which is running extremely fast, so I call this one fixed.

2. USB devices - wouldn't recognize my USB key, or my Apple Wired Keyboard. Tried the updated IOUSBFamily.kext....did nothing. Disabled legacy USB support in BIOS, and alles ist gut. Well, except for having to reenable it if I want to flex boot options, but small price to pay.

3. Audio - onboard audio "seems" to be installed, but I get nothing coming from any of the ports. I'm guessing I need to find the right drivers for my specific chip instead of just the AC97 drivers. Gonna work this one a bit more, but I expect to solve the problem shortly.

4. About This Mac - the stupid one....it doesn't list my processor as an AMD Opteron, or anything like that in the main page...just 2.2GHz unknown. It correctly identifies it in the More Info section, so chalk this one to just my own insanity.

I was about to give up on the hackintosh thing for a while, but thanks to everyone involved for making this package...and thanks to everyone on these forums for their pioneering work!

you see my friend! some of this issues not because the Leo v.2 bad, you can solve this issues by finding the right drives for your Hardware.

for example you USB, find the right kexts file for it by searching the same model.

for your Audio, try to find what type of sound card do you have and what sound patch right for your hardware. see this link for sound patch

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34075

and "About This Mac" you can see this

http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc6

PS: to do any of changes with your kexts file you need kext helper b7

I cannot install the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 V.2 for AMD release due to the "waiting for root device" error. It would appear I have to add kext files for the ATI SB600 southbridge chipset. However, I do not have a running Leopard system on which to extract the files from the Zephyroth ISO, add the appropriate kext files to the appropriate place and rebuild the kext cache. I do have a Tiger system running, but I have no clue whether I can rebuild the kext cache using Tiger.

What is the recommend way, without a running Leopard system, to build a new ISO with updated kext extensions and cache?

I've managed to figure out how to create an updated ISO with the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 Rev2 image and the SB600 kext files. Since I didn't know how to update the kext cache, I'm booting with -v -f (if I understand correctly, the -f will not use the cache but rebuilt it upon boot). Now I no longer get the "waiting for root device" error, but I lots of errors reading the install DVD, and I never manage to boot.

I'm pretty sure the DVD is ok, so I'm wondering about the additional kexts I added. I added two: AppleOnboardPCATA.kext and IOATAFamily.kext. However, since there was already a IOATAFamily.kext extension present in the /System/Library/Extensions directory, I renamed the old one to IOATAFamily1.kext and added the one from the SB600 zip file. Will this work, or do I need to delete the old IOATAFamily kext first?

Any suggestions?