Easy way to memorize Pi

(MoC)

20 posts in this topic

I have this Pi competition at school by Friday and I need some people to tell me some strategies they used to memorize Pi or some similar string of numbers.The method I'm using now is just reading the digits off of the paper and repeating them out loud (without the paper). I am doing this in strings of five. I'd like to memorize about 50-100 digits.

So far I know:

By the way: This is my official post out of teh1337n3ss. I thought it was worthy :D

link up the numbers with some real object, so you can use a story to link the whole thing up ..

if you could set up a list like 01apple, 02mac, 03, jail ......... 98,home ...... or you can search this in the web.

hope this help :(

link up the numbers with some real object, so you can use a story to link the whole thing up ..

if you could set up a list like 01apple, 02mac, 03, jail ......... 98,home ...... or you can search this in the web.

hope this help :(

This is the better way to do it (the most recommended)...As you are restricted to memorize 10 digits (0-9),you will use only 10 things.

This is the better way to do it (the most recommended)...As you are restricted to memorize 10 digits (0-9),you will use only 10 things.

yea, you can make list with more numbers.. just depends on how much you'll use or how wide you'll use and how much you need to recite ... 1000objects is the most recommend :D

yea, you can make list with more numbers.. just depends on how much you'll use or how wide you'll use and how much you need to recite ... 1000objects is the most recommend :wallbash:

1000 objects!...Really?.I did not know that :)

I have this Pi competition at school by Friday and I need some people to tell me some strategies they used to memorize Pi or some similar string of numbers.The method I'm using now is just reading the digits off of the paper and repeating them out loud (without the paper). I am doing this in strings of five. I'd like to memorize about 50-100 digits.

So far I know:

By the way: This is my official post out of teh1337n3ss. I thought it was worthy :)

I really can't help you with this, but what if you have the wrong calculation of Pi.

I mean, what if you source is wrong, or your calculator rounded incorrectly. If it is for a competition, you may want to make sure your number is 100% correct first.

Just a tip...

Another way people use to remember pi is using piems. Piems are little poems in which the number of letters in the word matches up to each digit ("dog"=3). Usually words with 10 letters equal 0. There's a story called Cadaeic Cadenza that will give you the first 3834 digits of pi.

I memorized 60 digits so far. I got beaten by 20 but got 2nd place. I am happy except for:

The winner got 5 points extra on their average and 2nd + 3rd place didn't get anything. I screwed up on one test and asked her to compensate for it but no, she yelled at me. :D

• 2 months later...

waste of time then ... right??oh saying that i just stupidly thought id waste time at work learning it. haha.only got to 22 decimal places3.1415926535897932384626 - i adapted the cadaeic text:onea poema ravenmidnights so dreary tired and wearysilently pondering volumes calculate the pi and circular typeending of scriptpretty clever. took about 30mins. cant be arsed to do any more. B)