Where is Intel Front Row?

jman

14 posts in this topic

I think the mcmac site is just a fake, probably a virus, a trojan or a spyware. I downloaded it and couldn't open it. Then they got a "new" version and after unzipping I ended up with an empty folder. DON'T DOWNLOAD THAT PIECE OF C.

Empty folders appear once in a while when you unzip to the desktop. It's normal. As for the files, they're not virii/trojans/spyware but just fake or incorrectly compiled.

There appearently was a problem. I downloaded it again later today and it had become a .sit file. This file downloaded properly and extracted properly. It allowed me to install Front Row. But Front Row is still not working properly for me.

There appearently was a problem. I downloaded it again later today and it had become a .sit file. This file downloaded properly and extracted properly. It allowed me to install Front Row. But Front Row is still not working properly for me.

Yeah it was a corrupted file which could only be uncompressed in windows.

Has anyone actually got it to run on 10.4.3? I am having no such luck. I have to keep restoring my keyboard so that F12 opens the disc drive. With 1.0.1 of Front Row I was able to run it without it running in the background. I clicked Front Row in my Applications folder, then pressed ESC and it came up. This version doesn't seem to let me do that.

I'm starting to think the people on that site have a lot of room for improving their skills. I downloaded their uni-bin photobooth 1.1, and for whatever reason the installer kept scanning my drives and wouldn't let me proceed. *sighs*

I don't understand why they are releasing a huge package that contains both PPC and Intel versions. The app isn't "uni-bin" but instead to seperate compilations for x86 and ppc. So I don't understand why they don't make 2 seperate downloads.

A lot of what they do doesn't make sense. They keep constantly delaying things. I'm going to read up on a few things myself and see if I can get rid of the remote check, then come up with a simple frontrow.app to drop into the "Core Services" folder. As for the bezel frameworks and stuff, I'd need somebody with a Macbook or Core Cuo iMac to "lend" them to me...

it scares me that they didn't think to ask for the 10.4.4 bezel frameworks... thats sort of.. important.

DO NOT download the front row 1.3.4 from mcmacsite. it made my 10.4.3 8F1111g slow like TPM and i had to end up repatching max's patch for ATI and DVD. these patch files were already in the '/Pacthes' folder.

IBM Thinkpad T43/p

2.00Ghz Intel 760 CPU

ATIFireGL V3200 128MB (X600)

5400RPM 80 GB

512 MB DDR2

DVD Multiburner

ICH6 Audio

BlueTooth

DLink DWL-122g

No Option Key...